Senior Prevention/Intervention & Resource Specialist_Behavior Health
- Experience Level
Sr. Prevention/Intervention & Resource Specialist
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Street Smart Youth Project (SSYP) is an innovative youth- development organization, specializing in the provision of evidence- based prevention and early intervention programming for under- resourced youth, young adults and communities. The organization believes in creating a tribal/communal experience, which prioritizes dosage over time for optimal impact. SSYP seeks to ensure that all under- resourced minority youth will have affirming, and innovative development environments. This approach endeavors to create a talented pool of educated, skilled, trained and passionate individuals who are equipped to maximize their shared identity to push youth’s personal, cultural, health and academic growth, sociopolitical consciousness, and socio-emotional well-being.
SSYP provides structured ongoing professional development opportunities for its small but mighty team, to build the mindsets, skills, experience, and knowledge needed to actualize effectiveness and create impact within the population served; with the ultimate goal of the advancement of under- resourced youth, families, and communities. SSYP programs prioritize qualitative over quantitative practices.
Street Smart Youth Project currently operates various youth development initiatives, focusing on evidence-based prevention and early intervention services. Specifically, programming endeavors to increase protective factors, whilst decreasing risk factors for under-resourced minority youth. SSYP programming is youth driven and designed to increase self-efficacy and self-determination for all participants.
Seeking a dedicated, motivated, creative and determined behavioral health professional with expertise in youth development and its fundamental and associated components. This is a unique opportunity for a behavioral health professional to further develop existing programmatic design framework based on theory and evidence- based practices.
This position is responsible for coordination and direct health promotion services delivered to youth and young adults for prevention and early intervention programming at SSYP including group facilitation of evidence-based health interventions. Evidence-based interventions address HIV/STD/ teen pregnancy, substance abuse prevention as well as life skills and wellness. Additional youth development activities will promote alternatives to risk behaviors. Candidate must be drug and tobacco free and have the ability to model healthy behaviors for population served. Street Smart Youth Project believes that behavior change can be the direct result of exposure to new experiences, information and/or healthy relationships. We are seeking a unique candidate who is motivated, creative, dedicated and can teach, mentor and implement quality interventions, which affect behavior change.
Criminal background check mandatory.
- Supports implementation of behavioral health strategies
- Supervises/advises Prevention Specialist(s)
- Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates evidence- based programs in one of several specialized areas including sexually transmitted diseases, maternal, child, and adolescent health and alcohol, or substance abuse by determining areas and levels of need in schools, patients, staff and community health education through analysis of available statistics and consultation with the health educators in the service planning areas, topic specific programs, and with other concerned public or private agencies or groups.
- Co- Facilitates, reviews and evaluates the implementation of evidence- based interventions to ensure the proper application of program methods and materials
- Evaluates the extent to which programs meet their objectives and impact the target population's knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, practices, and behaviors, by utilizing appropriate data collection methods such as pre-and post examinations, focus groups, surveys, and questionnaires. Utilizes evaluation findings and community input for future planning and policy development
- Serves as the technical authority in a specialized area of behavioral health
- Provides support to Project Coordinator and provides technical supervision and interpretation of state level policies
- Refers youth to appropriate social services as needed
- Helps maintain an orderly, safe, and welcoming environment for all participants
- Attends all on- site and off- site training relative to job duties
- Recruits, welcome, attract new participants to various programs
- Provides written input and/or activity notes for inclusion in project reports
- Upon request, assists with presentations about Street Smart Youth Project and its program offerings.
Skills and Knowledge:
A Master's Degree with specialization in health education and/or public health with 2 years’ experience in health education or equivalent or; a Bachelor’s degree in health education with at least 4 years of health education experience at the level of Health Educator.
- Experience working with under-resourced youth and young adults;
- Ability to work independently with fidelity and accountability;
- Experienced group facilitator;
- Reliable, non-judgmental about sex, sexuality and substance use;
- Enjoys collaborating with a team and brings forth positive energy and creativity;
- Mature, patient, and flexible, with a sense of humor;
- Familiar with the stages of change, public health and cognitive behavioral models;
- Familiar with a wide range of community services and resources – from the criminal justice system to public schools, technical schools and recreational facilities.
Master's Degree in Social Work or Psychology or; a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Psychology with at least 4 years of health education experience. Familiar with state level strategic prevention framework strategies.
Salary for this position is commensurate with education and experience. Employee benefits include medical insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401K plan, and paid time‐off. In addition, there are incentive- based strategies inter-woven throughout. Professional development opportunities include travel nationally.
Range: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
Interested candidates should submit a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of a cover letter, we ask that you submit a brief statement outlining your philosophy of creating unique prevention programs, which address the social determinants of health, specifically as it pertains to under- resourced minority youth. Please limit your response to 2500 characters or less. Due to the number of applicants, only viable candidates will be contacted.
Street Smart Youth Project provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Job Type: Full-time
The organization utilizes a COVID-19 Safety Preparedness Plan guided by current CDC recommendations. Remote work and staggered in- person schedules are implemented.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Public Policy / Administration Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Research Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta