Children and Family Services Program Manager
- Experience Level
The Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day and long-term supervision, growth, and enhancement of the Children and Family Services program. This is a full-time, exempt salary position with program management and supervisory responsibilities, including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities (budget development and management.), implementation of new technology in the Children and Family Services Program, contract management and compliance, staff development, tracking and monitoring of program service delivery and expansion into new areas. The Program Manager will work with the Director of Children and Family Services and supervise based on assigned job duties.
- Help the Director to ensure the entire FC team owns and executes foster care annual objectives and associated activities, and leading and lagging indicators. Drive team-wide execution of strategic initiatives. Monitor and evaluate implementation and suggest course corrections where needed.
- Reviews and assist with the development and training of Children and Family Services staff
- Provides consultation with on-call staff when needed
- Completes home studies for potential host homes and keeps current host home studies up to date.
- Ensures the accuracy and quality of every home study per Inspiritus policy and OPM/RCCL standards
- Develops strong alliances and supports within the agency and assists with assigned special projects by the Children and Family Services in collaboration with other agency departments and programs.
- Embraces a data-driven organization and uses dashboards and the PQI process to monitor progress and compliance.
- Manages overall program activities for Extended Reach and assisting with guidance on program policies, case management, recruitment, intake, and marketing.
- Reviews dashboards to ensure the program meets or exceeds PQI and other critical data targets. (Strategic Plan goals, Performance, and Quality Improvement goals, and Critical Data Entry).
- Audits a sample of approved documents to ensure quality documentation for Medicaid billing within case files.
- Approves reports/activities in Extended Reach.
- Reviews Extended Reach and identify any program trends that impact compliance with OPM, RCCL and DFCS policies/manual, Accreditation standards. Provides training and follow up to correct any areas of need with collaboration from the Quality Manager.
- IMPACT Certified
- SAFE Certified
- Competent in the home study and re-evaluation processes.
- Manage on-call schedule and participate in the on-call rotation.
- Manages day to day operations through Extended Reach.
- Participates and co-leads Statewide Program Staff meetings monthly.
- Identifies, initiates, and develops business relationships with potential partners, e.g., state, federal, county, private, for-profit, and non-profit in partnership with the team.
- Supports quality assurance, quality improvement, and corrective actions.
- Works with other Departments to ensure Children and Family Services policies are current and in compliance with the manual.
- Participates in Human Rights Committee and Risk Committee when applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet program needs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Oversite of Case Management and Recruitment job duties
- Processes and submit foster home Reimbursement.
- Manages Inspiritus, Inc assets, i.e., supplies and equipment in a manner that is considered productive, in the best interest of Inspiritus, Inc., and conforms with approved budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services such as social work or a related field such as sociology, psychology, etc., and two (2) years of relevant, recent work experience in disability services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two Years of direct supervisory experience including hiring, performance management, and employee coaching.
- Must possess excellent professionalism and training skills.
- Ability to forge a mutually respectful professional partnership with foster caregivers and help them gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face.
- Ability to work independently and in partnership with other team members.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check including work references and criminal background check
- Must be computer and internet literate with competencies in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and database/electronic case management system
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a professional and culturally competent manner.
- Must hold a valid Georgia Driver’s license, possess a reliable personal, multi-passenger vehicle, and have personal auto insurance and a good driving record.
- Master’s degree in human services or related field
- Regularly required to talk and hear. Required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls: and reach with hands and arms. Required to operate a personal vehicle.
- The employee frequently lifts and or moves 20+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing this job's responsibilities, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions. This position may require travel up to 10% of the time locally and throughout the assigned area sites. Inspiritus is a mobile workforce, so employees must have the ability to work from home, in the field, and from Inspiritus offices, as necessary.