Executive Assistant - Membership & Volunteer Affairs
- Experience Level
What We Do
We support and leverage a nationwide network of home-based early childhood professionals and partners to expand and promote the power of family child care.
Since 1982, the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) has been the only national professional association dedicated to promoting high-quality early childhood experiences in the unique environment of family child care homes. NAFCC works on behalf of nearly one million family child care professionals operating nationwide.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re focused on elevating professional home-based early childhood programs and amplifying the voices of our members. But we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who are:
- Hand-raisers who are willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
- Game-changers who aren’t afraid of bringing new ideas to the table, looking at things from an outside perspective, and shaking things up.
- Champions who are passionate about taking a hands-on approach to promoting quality standards and recognition in early childhood education.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant – Membership & Volunteer Affairs, which is a key role in our Membership & Volunteers team. This position will be the go-to expert for membership and volunteer recruitment and retention. It is the outward face and initial point of contact for those seeking to be a part of the National Association for Family Child Care. This role is responsible processing membership applications, renewals and updates. This person is responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service and timely services are delivered to drive membership, membership prospect, and stakeholder engagement with NAFCC and its chapters across the country.
What You’ll Do:
- Enter data and update membership information in the AMS
- Process memberships, member program and event registrations and gift memberships
- Assist in answering inquiries about membership, accreditation and local chapters
- Communicates with members on a regular basis including through telephone, email and in person (where applicable)
- Assist with membership and advancement programs and events
- Mail and send information to Membership committee headed by Membership Chair.
- Process fulfillments, including new memberships and renewals for all membership levels
- Conduct outbound customer service and membership related phone calls to renew members and update special audience lists.
- Assist with membership customer service issues
- Monitor inventory of membership marketing materials
- Work with the Membership & Volunteer Initiatives Team, IT contractors, and the Organizational Effectiveness team to ensure data health and assist in resolving any data issues in AMS and related systems.
- Organize and maintain membership files
What You’ll Need:
- Associate degree in early childhood education, nonprofit management or related field(s) required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One or more years of experience working with database management/association management system (AMS).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and written communication skills, as well as exemplary telephone manners.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Ability to work well in a busy environment, set and meet deadlines, and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Capable of maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible.
- Team player with cooperative, positive, “can do” spirit.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
You’ll Really Catch Our Eye If You:
- Have prior success in membership growth and retention in a nonprofit organization is a plus.
This job might not be the right fit if you:
- Are hesitant to be working across a variety of departments, covering a variety of content, stories, lead research
- Are hesitant to innovating current processes • Become overwhelmed by fast paced environments
- Have a hard time making decisions
- Are uncomfortable with change
- Like your own permanent desk and space
What You’ll Get:
- An opportunity to become an active part in the fight to elevate professional home-based early childhood programs as an important part of delivering birth to five education
- A Part-Time hourly position
- PTO and 10 paid holidays per year!
- Flexibility – we offer the opportunity to work remotely.
Pay: Commensurate with Experience – 25-28 hr./wk.
National applicants encouraged to apply.
Referral request: This job may not be for you, but perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link. Thanks!
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
National Association for Family Child Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.