Executive Assistant - Quality Standards & Recognition
- Experience Level
What We Do
We support and leverage a nationwide network of home-based early childhood professionals and partners to expand and promote the power of family child care.
Since 1982, the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) has been the only national professional association dedicated to promoting high-quality early childhood experiences in family child care homes' unique environment. NAFCC works on behalf of nearly one million family child care professionals operating nationwide.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re focused on elevating professional home-based early childhood programs and amplifying the voices of our members. But we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who are:
- Hand-raisers who are willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
- Game-changers who aren’t afraid of bringing new ideas to the table, looking at things from an outside perspective, and shaking things up.
- Champions who are passionate about taking a hands-on approach to promoting quality standards and recognition in early childhood education provided in home-based settings.
We seek an Executive Assistant – Quality Standards & Recognition, which is a key role in our Quality Standards team. This position will be the go-to expert for supporting members through the Quality Standards & Recognition processes. This position is the frontline and face of the department, as well as supporting leadership with talking data and feedback to drive engagement and customer satisfaction in pursuit of elevating quality standards and recognition in home-based early care and education programs. This role is responsible for executing the mechanics and logistics of the NAFCC national accreditation process.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as liaison and first point of contact for accreditation candidates.
- Review accreditation applications and verify supporting documents
- Support site visit Observers, Reviewers, and Accreditation Ambassadors
- Generate and review reports
- Collaborate for the creation of educational modules and programing
- Assist FCC professionals and organizations in understanding and meeting NAFCC Quality Standards and Benchmarks
- Provide support to the Accreditation Council.
What You’ll Need:
- Associate degree in early childhood education, nonprofit management, or related field(s) required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Significant analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter must be able to work unsupervised.
- Consistency with organizational processes and daily tasks
- Excellent professional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills – must be able to work with diverse groups.
- Capability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information.
- Considerable knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Database management skills, including querying, reporting, and document generation.
- Comfortable in learning and using digital tools
- Capacity to work in a remote environment
You’ll Really Catch Our Eye If You:
- Have a working knowledge of NAFCC credentialing operations and procedures.
This job might not be the right fit if you:
- Are hesitant to be working across a variety of departments, covering a variety of content, stories, lead research
- Are hesitant to innovating current processes • Become overwhelmed by fast-paced environments
- Have a hard time making decisions
- Are uncomfortable with change
- Like your own permanent desk and space
What You’ll Get:
- An opportunity to become an active part in the fight to elevate professional home-based early childhood programs as an important part of delivering birth to five education
- A Part-Time hourly position
- PTO and 10 paid holidays per year!
- Flexibility – we offer the opportunity to work remotely.
Pay: Commensurate with Experience – 25-28 hr./wk.
This position is part-time, may include some nights and weekends, and is a remote position at the home office.
National applicants are encouraged to apply.
Referral request: This job may not be for you, but perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please send them this link. Thanks!
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
National Association for Family Child Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.