Senior Manager of Professional Development Initiatives
- Experience Level
What We Do
We support and leverage a nationwide network of home-based early childhood professionals and partners to expand and promote the power of family child care.
Since 1982, the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) has been the only national professional association dedicated to promoting high-quality early childhood experiences in family child care homes' unique environment. NAFCC works on behalf of nearly one million family child care professionals operating nationwide.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re focused on elevating professional home-based early childhood programs and amplifying the voices of our members. But we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who are:
• Hand-raisers who are willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
• Game-changers who aren’t afraid of bringing new ideas to the table, looking at things from an outside perspective, and shaking things up.
• Champions who are passionate about taking a hands-on approach to promoting professional development for educators who provide early care & education in home-based settings.
We seek a Senior Manager of Professional Development Initiatives, which is a key role in our national team. This position will be the go-to expert for developing and implementing foundational early childhood educator and quality enhancement professional development strategies for family child care professionals and programs. This position is responsible for developing a broad range of programs to meet a diverse population's needs, managing training and organizational development programs, contracting services, and developing budgets.
What You’ll Do:
• Act as the lead coordinator for the facilitation and delivery of training & professional development programs and Annual Conference**.
• Responsible for providing oversight and support of program direction and operations to ensure overall success
• Provide critical support to program functions including tracking data, maintaining records, assisting with budget management, processing documentation, and assisting with communications
• Direct and coordinate the work of a team, which includes program Executive Assistant and contracted trainers.
• Responsible for implementing and coordinating team process improvement initiatives
• Support trainers/presenters in developing various program materials for webinars, trainings, and annual conferences.
• Participate in the development, scheduling, and implementation of marketing and training/course calendar.
• Coordinate and maintain relationships with various stakeholders such as businesses, organizations, higher education, and other departments
• Facilitate, coordinate, and participate in discussions between cross-collaborative teams
• Create and run reports and interpret data for quality control measures related to course/program offerings
• Recommend data-driven solutions for process improvements based on reporting analyses
• Keep stakeholders informed of programs and address any concerns; resolve complex issues as necessary
• Participate in strategic planning by assisting with evaluating current strategies and recommending improvements
• Contribute to developing operational goals, objectives, and standards for units, programs, projects, etc.
• Coordinate and collaborate with appropriate University offices to ensure timely publication and dissemination of materials or information, as well as resolve issues as they arise
• Oversee the maintenance, security, and disposition of confidential records
• Represent the department at various meetings and events; serve on committees and task forces
• Supervise, train, mentor, and orient staff
• Maintain & develop strategic relationships with organizational partners and event sponsors.
• Represent NAFCC at events, which may include some travel throughout the US
• Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
• coordinate speaker selections and educational tracks with appropriate parties
• assist in managing staff participation in all conference aspects
• manage all hotel/on-site logistics for the conference
• oversee the preparation of on-site conference program book and content
• oversee the preparation of conference online content
• develop and solicit conference advertising & sponsorships
• manage exhibitor area, including solicitation, show layout, decorator
• manage contact, registration, and post-evaluation, including CEU’s
• oversee pre-con logistics (signs, plaques, badges, registration packet materials, etc.)
• design & tabulate conference evaluation forms
• manage pre & post-conference activities
• assist in all other conference areas as necessary
What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) with at least three years related work experience in membership or fundraising with preference given to those with the association and/or nonprofit experience.
• Must have at least three years working in a regulated family child care setting as an early care education professional.
• Excellent customer service skills and attitude
• Experience working with diverse populations
• Commitment to our mission and belief in the value of Family Child Care as a vital part of the early care and education profession.
• Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and membership/development databases are required.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
• Ability to work independently, as a part of a team, and with cross-cultural literacy.
• Comfortable in learning and using digital tools.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Capacity to work in a remote environment
You’ll Really Catch Our Eye If You:
• Have experience with Form Builder tools, Constant Contact, and Salesforce.
This job might not be the right fit if you:
• Are hesitant to be working across a variety of departments, covering a variety of content, stories, lead research
• Are hesitant to innovating current processes
• Become overwhelmed by fast-paced environments
• Have a hard time making decisions
• Are uncomfortable with change
• Like your own permanent desk and space
What You’ll Get:
• An opportunity to become an active part in the fight to elevate professional home-based early childhood programs as an important part of delivering birth to five education
• A Full-Time salaried position, Exempt
• Medical benefits
• Employer-paid life and disability insurance with voluntary supplemental life insurance
• PTO and 10 paid holidays per year!
• Flexibility – we offer the opportunity to work remotely.
This position is full-time, may include some nights and weekends, and is a remote position at the home office.
National applicants are encouraged to apply.
Referral request: This job may not be for you, but perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please send them this link. Thanks!
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
National Association for Family Child Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.