Rapid Rehousing Case Manager
- Experience Level
Park Place Outreach, Inc. seeks a Rapid Rehousing Case Manager responsible for providing case management services for youth ages 18-24 experiencing homelessness as defined by HUD standards. The primary goal is to assist youth to address the barriers to maintaining permanent housing by providing housing relocation and stabilization services and/or short and/or medium-term rental assistance as necessary to help individuals or families living in shelters or in places not meant for human habitation. Functions performed include quickly as possible assisting clients with rental assistance and rental arrears, finding suitable housing, assisting participants to gather eligible documentation as needed, providing housing counseling and goal identification, landlord engagement and connection to community resources, and problem solving with other case managers. Work is accomplished by advising and motivating program clients to accomplish established goal plan and obtain housing.
Please submit resumes to Adriana Tatum-Howard, email@example.com. Application due February 19. Anticipated start date: March 15, 2021.
- Responsible for administering a standardized housing intake and maintaining assigned case management duties for clients experiencing homelessness, conducting comprehensive assessments and treatment plans, developing Individual Service Plans with client participation, if applicable.
- Acts as advocate to address needs or resolve emergency in crisis situations; work to resolve issues with landlord, as needed
- Placement goal of 2-5 placements per month; hindering circumstances will be taken into consideration
- Document progressive results, maintain accurate records and other required data in a timely manner in HMIS and Apricot
- Responsible for documentation relative to all client’s contracts in accordance with PPO and grant standards
- Research and identify suitable affordable housing options for individuals experiencing homelessness and recruit landlords to provide housing opportunities.
- Have a thorough understanding of how rental markets work and reasonable rent standards.
- In collaboration with TLP assist TLP program participants with assist tenants in developing independent living and basic life skills, budgeting/financial literacy support, attaining or increasing income, understanding and maintenance of an apartment including tenant rights
- Assist clients with accessing needed medical, mental health, substance use, and psychosocial supports
- Communicate, advocate, and educate local community and agency partners; fostering relationships which enable needed resources to be accessed.
- Implement core principles and evidence-based practices
- In collaboration with TLP assist TLP program participants helps tenants to prioritize and monitor SMART goals via case management.
- In collaboration with TLP assist TLP program participants with developing a plan with behavioral management and monitor implementation, if needed
- Consult with program director, PPO case managers, and other applicable staff on youth needs and service plan
- Operates within grant budget guidelines; meeting budget by monitoring expenses and reporting requirements including appropriate documentation of all expenses, implementing cost-saving actions and provides input on budget
- Attend appropriate trainings and community meetings necessary to meet the outcomes identified in the housing program
- Participates in individual supervisory sessions, team meetings, monthly general (shelter) staff meetings and all other meeting where attendance is required
- Other duties as determined
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
The Rapid Rehousing Case Manager should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of strengths-based, client-centered, solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to establish communication, trust, and coach teens and coordinate with community agencies.
- Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate programs and services.
- Ability to prioritize multiple issues on demand.
- Maintains exceptionally high standards of integrity and confidentiality.
- High confidence level in working independently.
- Takes ownership of work and demonstrates willingness to accept responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human resource field or relevant field or three years of experience in a social services capacity or relevant field.
- Satisfactory clearance of criminal background, DMV, and drug screenings.
- Valid Driver’s license & insurability for van operation, preferably over the age of 25
- CPR and First Aid Certification within one month of hire
- Knowledge of MS Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The Rapid Rehousing Case Manager reports to the TLP, Program Director of Park Place Outreach, Inc.
This position is grant funded; the employee is an “at will” employee. This is a full-time, 40 hours/week,$16.00-$18.00 hourly, commensurate with work experience. Excellent benefit package: comprehensive health benefits, ST and LT disability, generous PTO and Simple IRA contribution. Days and hours may be adjusted as needed to meet the job requirements and needs of Park Place Outreach, Inc. Health benefits provided after probationary period.
Park Place Outreach, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer. With the generous support of local organizations and individuals, the Park Place Outreach Shelter has helped more than 6,500 individuals. For more information, please visit http://parkplaceyes.org or find us on Facebook.