- Experience Level
This position is a key staff position responsible for all aspects of the Institute’s fundraising, annual giving, and capital development.
- Responsible for fundraising with a long-range goal of increasing the organization’s visibility and generating diversified and sustainable income for the work of the organization.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements cultivation and solicitation plans for individual and selected prospects including Board solicitation, major gifts, direct mail, telemarketing, and communication.
- Implements long and short-term plans for development with measurable goals so that fundraising and public education are coordinated throughout the organization.
- Coordinates fundraising event(s), program(s) and campaign(s).
- Works collaboratively with business development and marketing to coordinate programs and campaigns.
- Develops necessary systems for cultivating, thanking, tracking, and building strong relationships with donors and prospective donors.
- Carries out research on potential supporters.
- Creates and maintains accurate donor records including profiles, acknowledgments, and other correspondence.
- Develops grant proposals and researches new foundations/corporations and grant opportunities.
- Reports out and facilitates the monthly Development Committee of the Board of Trustees. Coordinates agendas and meeting minutes for records.
- Support the Strategic direction of the organization through development and marketing activities.
Pastoral Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.