Overnight / Weekend Resident Manager
- Experience Level
Position: 2 Resident Advocate Managers
Reports to: Residential Services Director
Hours: 10:30 PM - 7:30 AM (openings available any night)
Status: Part-time seasonal (September 15 - May 15)
Location: 1605 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
The Zaban Paradies Center (ZPC) provides a short-term Residential Services Program for couples. The Overnight Resident Manager is primarily responsible for resident safety, facility maintenance, and assisting residents with morning exits. The Overnight Resident Manager upholds ZPC’s expectations and guidelines; advocates for the residents and resolves conflicts between residents. This position is a key position in affecting positive change in the residents’ lives. ZPC is located in North Midtown, on the campus of The Temple. Meals and free, secure parking are provided.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Community and Individual Safety of ZPC Residents
- Promote the well-being and growth of residents by modeling and encouraging healthy communication, sound decision-making, and upholding resident expectations and guidelines.
- Encourage residents to maintain a cooperative attitude toward the program and to one another.
- Support residential program in providing seamless evening and overnight coverage 7 days a week.
- Assist residents with the morning exit process including setting out of continental breakfast.
- Ensure all health and safety guidelines including staff CPR/First AID certifications, Fire Safety Coordinator trainings, and Mandated Reporting training are all in compliance. Maintain CPR/ First Aid and Mandated Reporter Certification on annual basis.
Ensure facility cleanliness and maintenance
- Clean and/or supervise the cleaning of the kitchen/bath/house facilities daily.
- Perform daily walk-through of bedrooms, bathrooms, and common areas.
- Ensure trash is emptied daily and placed in the dumpster.
- Inspect and report room damages immediately after residents exit. If an exit occurs on your shift, clean, and prepare the room for the next resident.
- Ensure all resident facility care activities are performed as listed.
RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM SERVICES SUPPORT:
- Address and respond to residents in a way that supports the mission of the organization.
- Confer with the on-call director regarding resident issues unless it is a safety issue that requires 911 or immediate exit from the facility.
- Answer phone calls during your shift. Retrieve messages from voicemail and deliver to the appropriate person.
• Experience working with homeless, low-income individuals
• Ability to work with people from all socio-economic and ethnic groups
• Able to accept feedback from others
• Able to self-regulate (correcting oneself without outside input or supervision)
• Able to set and uphold boundaries
• Ability to uphold rules in a trauma-informed manner
• Basic knowledge of MS Office
• Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License
• Proof of a TB test showing individual is negative for infectious tuberculosis
• Vaccinations for flu, mumps & measles
• CPR trained (willing to obtain training)
Must be able to lift 40 pounds and be physically active (carrying groceries, maintaining facility, climbing stairs)
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Zaban Paradies Center for Homeless Couples, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.