Bookkeeping Assistant III
- Experience Level
9to5, National Association of Working Women is seeking a highly experienced candidate for a Bookkeeping Assistant III to help with day-to-day accounting work for a complex multi-state financial operation. This is a national position based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and will also help serve offices in Georgia and Colorado. This position reports to the Finance Director.
Founded in 1973, our vision includes building a movement for economic justice by engaging those directly impacted in our campaigns to improve workplace and public policies through advocacy and organizing with the goal of liberation for our communities. Our approach to the work is grounded through a gender and racial justice lens using economic justice as a key strategy in three core areas:
- Workplace Justice (LGBTQ, Immigrant Justice, Sexual Harassment and Equal Pay)
- Family and Community Sustainability (Paid Family Leave, Childcare, Housing Justice, and Climate Justice)
- Powerbuilding (Voter Education & Mobilization, Leadership Pipeline & Development, and Grassroots Membership Building)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping: Responsible for reconciling credit card statements and online time and attendance software. Assist with preparation of audits, payroll and tax filings, bank statement reconciliations and organizational financial and grant reports.
- Database, contributions and grants management: Assist in maintaining organizational data using CiviCRM database and QuickBooks software; tasks include preparing data for import, importing data, reconciling donation reports, and troubleshooting discrepancies in collaboration with the database manager. Assist with grants management.
- Document management: Create and maintain an organized system for filing documents, including foundation grants, annual financial audit documents, confidential personnel documents, and credit card receipts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A demonstrated commitment to racial and gender justice
- Bachelor of Arts degree preferred, can be Associates Degree or equivalent training in Accounting or another related field
- At least 3 years of proven experience in non-profit public accounting or bookkeeping
- Ability to work across multiple departments and teams
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and other database management
- Experience with data manipulation and mapping for imports, conference calling tools, and virtual meeting systems
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people of diverse background
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Spanish proficiency a plus
Additional Details: Position is based in 9to5’s Milwaukee, WI office. Annual base salary $50,000 for 40 hours weekly. Excellent health and family benefits; generous time off package. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, individuals who identify as LGBTQ+ and women with disabilities encouraged to apply.
To apply: Send resume, letter of interest and list of three references to email@example.com with Bookkeeping Assistant III in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning February 5, 2021. Position open until March 31st.
No phone calls please. Only those who move to the next level will be contacted. Visit www.9to5.org for more info on our work.