MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
- Willingness to Travel
- Not willing to travel
This full-time position is responsible for the planning, management, implementation and promotion of membership programs and stewardship events for the Membership Department. Events include the annual Orchid Daze Soiree (February), two Strings in the Garden events, three Member Evenings, up to six Light Bites & Garden Insights events, an annual Donor cultivation event, and member previews for annual exhibitions. This position will also be responsible for promotional writing for letters, invitations and membership materials, as well as submitting requests to the Marketing department for member content on the website and some social media. This is a full-time position that requires occasional evening and weekend responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with Membership Manager to plan and coordinate all aspects of membership programming; member evenings, member previews, and quarterly behind the scenes events
- Manage the content and design for all membership invitations and email event reminders
- Assist with the implementation of the annual Member Appreciation Month
- Manage and record all expenses to ensure event is executed within budget
- Report attendance figures to membership events on a monthly basis
- Oversee production of all event related collateral materials
- Collaborate with internal departments and external vendors to ensure all program details are effectively implemented; and manage programs for optimal success
- Perform imports for all membership events, track registrations, and execute related tasks
- Maintain the master membership calendar, and submit all membership events to the Garden calendar
- Assist in retaining and upgrading members to the Donor and Director’s Club levels and above through annual cultivation events (Orchid Daze & Donor Picnic)
Website and Social Media
- Create and submit requests to Marketing for online member content
- Assist in writing content for letters and other membership materials
- Collaborate with Marketing on social media strategies to promote membership and member events
- Perform other departmental duties as assigned by Membership Manager or Vice President, Institutional Advancement
The position requires an undergraduate degree and a minimum of 3-4 years of related event experience. Full computer proficiency required and competency with Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
- Lifting (up to 20 lbs.), bending/reaching, extensive walking during event set up.
- Long periods of time working at a computer terminal.
- Position requires mostly sitting work with some standing, bending and stooping to perform general office work.
- Weekend, evening or holiday work required to support the Garden.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter, and team player with energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities, exceptional project and time management skills, fine attention to detail, and the ability to develop and maintain superb donor relations.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Botanical Garden to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org