The Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant functions as a part of the management team of Kennett Area Community Service. The Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant tasks may include analyzing workflow to help create the appropriate infrastructure for the organization by observing the needs and making suggestions for potential changes.
- Records donations, deposits, accounts payable, and credit card expenses on a daily basis.
- Processes weekly check run through Bill.com.
- Collects regulatory documents necessary to process payables such as W9 and PA REV 1832.
- Prepares payroll and enters payroll journal entries on a biweekly basis.
- Maintains employee files and ensures necessary documents are completed for regulatory purposes.
- Manages PTO balances in ADP.
- Records donations on a weekly basis in CRM & QuickBooks.
- Maintains files of all deposit information.
- Invoices and tracks grant funding receipts and expenses as needed.
- Reconciles investment, bank, and credit card accounts monthly.
- Manages fixed assets, prepaids, depreciation and amortization entries, files, and schedules.
- Prepares monthly government invoices.
- Collects information as needed for the annual audit and maintains a coherent system of accounts, with a supporting filing system.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports as needed by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Provides documentation for annual audit as well as miscellaneous needs throughout the year.
- Monthly preparation of financial reports for management and the Board of Directors.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- QuickBooks Online experience required
- ADP Payroll required
- Bill.com required
- Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook required
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
REQUIRED Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in tax, accounting, or finance
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in not for profit accounting/finance
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
PLEASE email the materials listed below as part of your application process. The email is email@example.com.
1. Current Resume
2. Cover Letter
3. Three references
4. Diversity Statement - A diversity statement is a one-page document explaining your experiences and commitments to diversity. 1) your values related to diversity, 2) your experiences working with diverse populations, and 3) your future plans related to inclusivity.