Graphic and Digital Media Designer
4 days left
- Experience Level
Midtown Alliance is seeking a talented Graphic & Digital Media Designer with sharp graphic design and video editing skills and a keen eye for visual design trends to help us create and sustain interest in Midtown Atlanta as an exciting place to live, work, create, invest and explore.
To be considered, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio.
About Midtown Alliance
Midtown Alliance is a nonprofit coalition of business and civic leaders focused on making improvements for a cleaner, safer, more walkable and more interesting neighborhood, where people want to be. Our priorities include urban design; planning and executing transportation enhancements, public parks and plazas, arts and activation; a robust public safety, maintenance and beautification program; and ensuring active community engagement.
The Marketing and Communications team is looking for a creative, hands on contributor to help us implement our marketing and communications strategy by telling great stories in visual form, and commanding the attention of our audiences in their newsfeeds. This position will work closely with our Story Producer/Editor and other departments to design printed materials, infographics and data visualization projects, reports, fact sheets, signage, and online graphics, take photos in the district as needed, as well as create new digital video content to showcase our programs and promote the district.
- Use our brand framework to design compelling marketing literature and standalone graphics for our digital and traditional communications projects, from presentations and maps to monthly e-newsletters, signage, annual reports, street banners, promotional items, display ads and other assignments
- Create new, short-form video content for web and mobile platforms that explain the impact of our work and communicates compelling facts about city issues
- Provide recurring graphic design support and internal counsel for Midtown Alliance’s placemaking, transportation, public improvement projects, member engagement, public safety, operations and other programs
- Coordinate projects with other producers in our network, formulating creative direction and mapping out deliverables, timing and budget for design, video, photo, printed collateral and other assignments
- Develop special digital projects and alternative story formats, potentially incorporating microsites, custom HTML and interactive features that give our audiences new ways to experience our work
- Shepherd production for Midtown Alliance marketing and communications pieces, both digital and print
- Oversee digital asset management for all photo, video and graphic deliverables, including storage, editing, meta tagging, access and file optimization
A successful candidate has a solid understanding of what works in visual storytelling, is detail-oriented, comfortable working behind a camera, knows software and systems, and can deftly move between them. A person in this role will succeed if they are extroverted, a good time manager and independent worker, flexible, and enthusiastic about Midtown Alliance’s work.
Requirements and Skills:
- 1-3 years of direct experience executing graphic design and video production, either via an agency, in-house or freelance
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite products, including Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Bridge, InDesign and Illustrator
- Demonstrated competency with photo and video camera, lighting, audio, storyboarding and editing
- Knowledge of and experience with printing and working directly with commercial printers
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines amid shifting priorities, collaboration with other staff, and a focus on matching creative direction to design outcomes
- Experience with PowerPoint, copywriting, and creating animated GIFs
- Systems experience with website CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc); e-mail marketing platform (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS applied to multimedia web projects
- A passion for cities and familiarity with Midtown Atlanta
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Midtown Alliance offers a competitive benefits package, professional development opportunities, the use of a MacBook Pro, and more to create a work environment that is fun and rewarding.
Submit the following to Brian@MidtownATL.com:
- Cover letter that explains why this job is the right fit for your career interests
- Link to your online portfolio that shows published digital content, graphic design and video work samples for an employer or clients you've worked with
No phone calls please.
More About Midtown Alliance
We are a mission-driven organization, widely viewed as the driving force behind the revitalization of Midtown and a national model for urban excellence. Midtown Alliance is governed by a Board of Directors and operates with a full-time office staff of 45. We currently work out of two offices within an easy walk: a street-level space at 6th and Peachtree and an office building suite at 10th and Peachtree.
Since 2000, Midtown Alliance has leveraged millions of dollars of public and private funding to plan, design, and construct improvements in the public realm including parks, sidewalks, bicycle facilities, traffic signals, street trees and other urban infrastructure. To accomplish our work, we partner with the City of Atlanta and other agencies. The Midtown neighborhood was named to the American Planning Association's list of "Great Places in America," acknowledging the impact of bold design, decisive action and community spirit that have defined Midtown’s success.
Midtown Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and needs of the organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal or state law.