Manager of Marketing and Communications
- Degree Level
People’s Resource Center (PRC) is seeking an experienced Manager of Marketing and Communications who has a deep understanding of the role communication plays in advancing the organization’s mission and strategies. The Manager of Marketing and Communications reports to the Director of Development and works in close partnership with Program staff. This position will manage the implementation of a comprehensive, strategic, PRC-wide marketing and communication plan promoting PRC to internal and external stakeholders including clients, volunteers, donors, community groups, neighbors, media outlets and other target audiences. The Manager of Marketing and Communications will be the go-to resource for creating a center of excellence for internal and external communications.
This position will be working remotely during PRC’s modified operations due to the pandemic. When PRC returns to full operations, their primary office will be located in Wheaton (201 S Naperville Road). Candidate must be able to work occasional evenings when necessary.
PRC offers a generous compensation and benefits package to our full time employees, including:
- Medical Insurance – HMO and PPO (80% employer paid)
- Dental Insurance – PPO (80% employer paid)
- Flexible Spending Account participation
- Short Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Life Insurance (100% employer paid)
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan & company match
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 12 paid holidays
- Participate in the development of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations plan and manage its implementation.
- Lead the effective and strategic design, content strategy and dissemination of print and digital collateral that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Serve as PRC’s internal expert on website content management platform (Wordpress) and social media accounts; make recommendations to maximize user interaction and donor conversion.
- Assist with planning and implementation of community events benefiting PRC and PRC-led fundraising events as requested.
- Manage PRC’s Volunteer Ambassador Program to secure speaking engagements that support PRC’s community outreach strategy that includes but is not limited to selecting, supporting, training and scheduling volunteers.
- Define, monitor and report on performance of communications through analytics and evaluation; plan and execute corresponding strategies and tactics.
- Manage brand use across the organization to maintain consistency by developing and maintaining standards and guidelines of PRC’s brand including but not limited to letterhead templates, email signatures, logos, etc.
- Proactively cultivate and leverage positive relationships when appropriate with relevant journalists, publications, and media outlets across print, television, radio, and digital channels.
- Act as a connector across program teams to support integrated communications and messaging that communicate the breadth of PRC programs.
- Represent and promote PRC at designated Chambers of Commerce, Civic clubs, and other community relations groups and events as assigned.
- Coordinate external graphic design and printing services for merchandise, paper, brochures, event invitations, etc.
- Evaluate and manage relationships with marketing and communications vendors, contractors and resources
- Develop, manage and monitor multiple project budgets with regards to communications and marketing.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Commitment to PRC’s mission, values, and community focus
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, with a team, and with a diverse group of individuals
- Able to compile, analyze and evaluate data
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, written and oral communication and interpersonal relations
- Able to effectively promote and represent PRC to other organizations Solid understanding of transactional and relational marketing principles
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Ability to exercise professional judgment to resolve complex problems
- Must demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, good judgment and commitment to teamwork
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office, Outlook, Internet search engines and Google Apps
- Strong technical skills, including video and website management (WordPress preferred), and content and design creation
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, marketing or related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience required in a communication, marketing, public relations or brand management role
- 2 years digital marketing experience including website design, programming and development required
- 2 years of experience in implementing strategic print and digital marketing campaigns and campaign effectiveness analysis required
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements