Scheduling Supervisor (Temporary)
- Willingness to Travel
- Not willing to travel
Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization founded in 1979 that has grown into a leading multi-service agency with over 120 staff members serving New York City with a focus on upper Manhattan and the Bronx. Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of the people in our community on their paths to secure and prosperous futures. Integration is the cornerstone of NMIC’s programs, and our staff can identify and address a broad array of immediate needs through comprehensive crisis intervention services. With their crises resolved, clients move seamlessly to capacity building services through our holistic programs designed to transition individuals and families to self-sufficiency.
· Our Legal Services, Social Services, and Weatherization programs meet community members’ basic needs including housing, income, nutrition and health.
· Our Community Organizing program empowers groups of residents to collectively secure longer term and larger scale improvements to their own basic needs.
· Our Education & Career Services program imparts individual community members with the practical tools necessary to build secure and prosperous futures.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
NMIC is launching a remote telephone hotline to register residents of upper Manhattan and neighboring Bronx communities for Covid vaccines at the Fort Washington Armory in Washington Heights. Scheduling Supervisors will manage a team of up to five full time equivalent Scheduling Associates who will staff the hotline to answer community member calls and schedule appointments. They will also directly provide hotline services as supervision responsibilities allow and may do proactive telephone outreach to community residents to inform them of the availability of this service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of Scheduling Associates to ensure they provide exceptional customer care, accurately and efficiently document calls and schedule appointments, and provide effective follow up and outreach services.
- As management responsibilities permit, directly support hotline capacity by providing call answering, appointment scheduling, and outreach services.
- Monitor performance management reports and utilize the results to ensure continuous service quality improvement.
- Proactively offer recommendations for hotline process improvements, including by eliciting recommendations from the Scheduling Associate team.
Additional related responsibilities may be assigned.
- As front-line supervisors, and direct service providers, of the first touchpoint for anyone seeking a vaccine appointment, Scheduling Supervisors must ensure an exceptional customer service experience in both English and Spanish.
- All activities will be remote, and staff will need to provide their own reliable internet connection, smartphone (to use a telephone app provided by NMIC), and laptop or desktop computer (to access a web-based database and scheduling platform).
- The position will be full time, 5 days a week, 7 hours a day (with a 1-hour lunch break). It will launch with a Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm schedule.
- The position is temporary, and it is scheduled to be available for approximately 5 months. It is possible this term will be reduced or lengthened based on demand.
- Scheduling Supervisors must maintain strict confidentiality of all callers and outreach list content and ensure Scheduling Associates on their team do the same.
- Experience in customer service required; training/certification plus experience preferred.
- Supervision experience highly preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Technology literacy, including comfort with telephone apps and web-based forms is required.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Familiarity with upper Manhattan and/or adjacent Bronx neighborhoods is a significant plus.
- Flexibility to accept minor scheduling adjustments, still within a 35-hour work week, is a plus (based on demand, the hotline hours may change to include evenings until 7 pm and/or Saturdays).
NMIC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
NMIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for employment. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered unless specifically stated otherwise.
Please submit the following to LOAemployment@nmic.org with the job title in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
All attachments should be in Word or PDF form. No phone calls, please.