Education/Volunteer Coordinator – Gainesville, GA
7 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
TITLE: Education/Volunteer Coordinator – Gainesville, GA
REPORTS TO: Director, Atlanta Botanical Garden Gainesville
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
NOTE: Position is in Gainesville, Georgia.
Under the direction of the Director, with a dotted line to the Public Programs Manager and Volunteer Manager at the Atlanta location, the Education and Volunteer Coordinator will work to plan and execute public programs to include not be limited to: Drop-In Family Classes, Adult Continuing Education Classes, Public Events and Festivals, Amphitheater/Children’s Garden Performances, etc. Position will coordinate the training, scheduling and efforts of the volunteers used throughout the Gainesville location.
This position is full time. We offer a full benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating and maintaining interpretive content, including Discovery Carts, interpretive signs, and tour content.
- Assist in developing public programming to support admissions and community outreach.
- Manage, oversee, and implement weekend public programming activities for children, adults and families.
- Create and implement Adult Continuing Education Classes.
- Coordinates volunteer recruiting and training, and schedule all volunteer assignments in conjunction with appropriate departments.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years experience developing and coordinating informal educational programs.
- Must display excellent communication and interpersonal skills while managing volunteers and working with visitors.
- An interest in gardening and horticulture.
- Punctual, reliable, and flexible.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes Saturday or Sunday.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Botanical Garden to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO: email@example.com