7 days left
- Experience Level
CHURCH OFFICE MANAGER
OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for the operations of the church, including general office administration and property management.
- This is a 30 hour a week position, M-F, hours TBD but generally 9:30- 3:30. The Office Manager is expected to attend monthly Parish Council meetings after Sunday worship and annual retreat day for staff and Parish Council.
REPORTING TO: Senior Minister
DIRECT REPORTS: Custodian
• Supervise custodian and contract cleaning crew;
• Maintain relationships with vendors and seek new contracts as needed;
• Respond to property issues with volunteer Building Committee;
• Advertise and respond to inquiries about space for long-term lease;
• Respond to tenants’ questions, issues, requests to use additional space, etc.
• Oversee lease agreements and rent collection from tenants and identify new tenants as needed; receive and record rent checks;
• Respond to inquiries for other building space uses;
General Church Administration
• Welcome and assist vendors, tenants and visitors;
• Bookkeeping/financial procedures as assigned by Treasurer;
• Perform background checks, review job applications and references, and provide orientation and training as required for new hires;
• Maintain church google calendar(s); paying attention to weddings and non-church events;
• Maintain and update church website;
• Support special events at VHC in collaboration with other staff and volunteers.
• Maintain all office supplies;
• Update and attend to VHC’s database
• Answer church landline and respond to voice mail messages;
• Attend weekly staff meeting (currently Tuesdays at 10:00)
• Admin support for senior minister as needed;
• Ensure church operations are compliant with all relevant local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Create and publish Friday e-mail via Constant Contact and other forms of digital outreach;
• Process mailings and other all church announcements:
• Other duties as assigned to support and enhance the administrative health of VHC.
• Organize Powerpoint (or Prezi) presentations with input from worship team (this duty could be shared with Pastor for Justice and Witness);
• Work with captioning service and edit for online worship.
· Punctual, positive, personable;
· Comfort working in an inclusive, diverse, LGBTQ affirming culture;
· Highly organized and task oriented, someone who just loves making a to-do list and crossing things off when completed;
· Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to see a project through from initiation to evaluation;
· Problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple tasks;
· Strong written and oral communication skills;
· Skills in accounting and bookkeeping;
· Discreet, confidential, and professional in manner;
· Strong organizational and execution skills; able to manage changing priorities efficiently and seamlessly;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, Powerpoint, Prezi, Canva, Database, Wordpress (website)
· Office management and nonprofit administration, faith community preferred;
· Facility management, including negotiating contracts and managing vendors
· Volunteer management;
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER TO REV. MATT LANEY email@example.com INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
1. A self introduction with your professional background and qualifications;
2. What attracts you to this position;
3. What appeals to you about Virginia-Highland Church;
4. Three to four References;
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THIS COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Thank you! We look forward to meeting you!
Learn more about us at www.vhchurch.org and www.facebook.com/VHChurch