- Position Type
- Full Time
Heating Energy Assistance Team, Inc. (HEAT), Smyrna, GA
The Heating Energy Assistance Team, Inc. (HEAT) provides statewide energy assistance for Georgians in need. The organization seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide high-level support to the executive director and board of directors with responsibilities to begin immediately. The position involves administrative assistant responsibilities as well as assisting with some of the organization’s communications efforts. For more information about HEAT, please visit heatga.org.
Position Expectations – The individual selected for this position will be expected to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Enter charitable donations and manage DonorPerfect database; extract reports and prepare Excel lists for solicitation and marketing purposes.
- Compose and mail merge donor appreciation letters.
- Engage orally and through written communication with energy assistance clients, donors, agencies and corporate partners.
- Complete energy assistance applications requested through the HEAT office and review applications completed by outside agencies for accuracy and compliance with eligibility requirements.
- Provide support for fundraising efforts including scheduling appointments with potential funders for the executive director.
- Prepare corporate and municipality solicitation requests. Develop and provide campaign materials. Conduct follow-up.
- Provide content for the organization’s publications including bi-annual newsletter, direct mail letters and email campaigns; coordinate production and mailing of publications with outside vendor.
- Provide content for monthly social media calendar. Review and edit postings.
- Monitor and update website information.
- Assist in planning and making arrangements for organizational meetings.
- Develop handouts, charts, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Provide general office/board support; and perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and preferably two years of nonprofit experience. A high school diploma with five years or more of experience (preferably nonprofit) will be considered.
- Strong knowledge and use of databases (DonorPerfect proficiency would be a plus)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented and ability to produce, proof and complete accurate and grammatically correct work
- Personable, genuine and enjoys working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Proficiency with office technologies (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to exercise judgement, diplomacy and confidentiality; trustworthy
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
The Administrative Assistant position offers a salary commensurate with experience. To apply, interested candidates should e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected applicants will be contacted for next steps in the selection process.