Teacher, 6th Grade
- Experience Level
Job Posting: Full-Time, Temporary position of Long Term Teacher - Exempt
Administered by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose since 1924, Saint James CatholicSchool is a kindergarten through eighth grade coeducational school that has been serving the community of San Francisco for over 90 years. We share a commitment to educating children in a faith filled, collaborative and nurturing environment.
Saint James is a K-8 Catholic elementary school nestled between Noe Valley and the Mission. Centrally located in the City, St. James lives within two of the most dynamic and vibrant neighborhoods. St. James School serves children of families of diverse cultural ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds with all services afforded by the Archdiocese of San Francisco. Empowered by Jesus and His teachings, we accept the responsibility to help develop the gifts and talents of students, parents, and staff alike.
Faculty and staff at St. James work from a place of gratitude. Our sense of purpose stems from our Dominican roots. The Dominican sisters of Mission San Jose laid the foundation of our school culture which we refer to as our four pillars: Study, Prayer , Community and Service . We honor the learning process, mentor students of high character and continuously strive to improve our teaching Practice.
The Six Grade Homeroom Teacher is responsible for : St. James Catholic School is looking for an educator to serve as a Long-Term Substitute in 6th Grade beginning on approximately March 16th - the end of the school year. We seek a teacher who is passionate about teaching motivated, intelligent elementary students, who has strong classroom experience, who can teach with advanced technology, who has an understanding of Catholic education, who strives for excellence, and who contributes as a member of the team.
The Long Term Substitute will:
- Follow lesson plans left by 6th Grade Science/English teacher
- Assess and report students’ progress to families
- Communicate regularly with families
- Serve yard duties as scheduled
- Attend faculty and assigned committee meetings as scheduled
- Be proficient in establishing a nurturing classroom environment
St. James currently is in session with students in-person and distance learning. The candidate will have the support of a middle school team, consisting of the 7th and 8th grade homeroom teachers. Middle school teachers utilize Google Classroom for assignments and communication with students. The middle school teachers rotate between classes and follow all safety protocols under the guidance of the department of public health.
Teaching Subjects: Following the directions and guidance of our current science/English teacher the candidate will present lessons in Science and English.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understand the mission of catholic schools
- Proficient in G-Suite, Freckle similar teacher software
- Ability to use tact, discretion and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse community.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to identify and proactively manage and resolve problems
- Ability to multitask, work independently and exercise good judgment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, dependable and reliable
- Master degree in education or related field
Excellent verbal/written communication skills (Fluent in English & Spanish is preferred)
- Possess a valid CA teaching credential or have a credential from another state(or in progress)
- Prior teaching experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Willing to undergo fingerprinting and background check
Salary & Benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Temporary. Exempt position
Salary: Competitive salary ADSF Scale
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package (Pension, Health Insurance, Dental,Vision)
*All employees of the Archdiocese of San Francisco shall be employed without regard to race, color, sex, ethnic or national origin and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories. *