Short-Term / Rapid Rehousing Case Manager
- Degree Level
THE CENTER FOR FAMILY RESOURCES
Job Title: Short-Term / Rapid Rehousing Case Manager
Category: Full Time
Weekly Hours: 37.50
Purpose: To provide comprehensive case management services to assist homeless families develop housing stability.
1. Interviews, screens, and places applicants in shelter and permanent housing resources ensuring they meet the organization’s guidelines.
2. Uses a strength-based, solution-focused model to assist participants in developing a housing procurement plan, setting financial goals, and identifying, and accessing services needed to reach housing stability.
3. Provides mediation and advocacy with landlords on the participant’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and maintain permanent housing.
4. Serves as an ongoing liaison between property managers and participants as well as between participants.
5. Monitors progress of participants by meeting with them regularly. Conducts follow-up after participants exit the program.
6. Maintains case files with proper documentation and in appropriate format/order.
7. Conducts STHP apartment inspections on a regular basis.
8. Monitors the provision of supportive services by outside vendors and processes invoices for processing and payment.
9. Enters and maintains programmatic information in the organization’s databases. Tracks and prepares monthly statistical reports.
10. Performs organizational Intake duties and maintains the organization’s policy on confidentiality.
11. Ensures customer satisfaction through the delivery of quality services.
12. Participates in community outreach activities to achieve increased public understanding and support of the organization and its mission.
13. Maintains a collaborative relationship with colleagues, both internal and external to the organization, to ensure participants are offered the most appropriate and relevant services based on needs, availability and qualifications.
14. Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field
Experience: One year experience in case management
Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good organizational skills, ability to manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment. Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
Given: Program participants and volunteers
Received: Director of Homeless Services
Internal: Participants, employees and management staff
External: Vendors and volunteers
Physical: Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and be able to bend and lift light to medium size objects.
Mental: Problem solve with participants in times of crisis. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to deal effectively with the public.
Emotional: Positive attitude; courteous and professional demeanor; leads by example to promote positive employee morale and efficient operations
Impact: This position is responsible for the efficient operation of each client’s case plan for residential stability. Unprofessional behavior or ineffective management of clients and/or programs could result in loss of funding for the organization.
To Apply: Send resume and salary requirements to CarolynBridges@TheCFR.org or fax to 770-423-2234. No calls please. EOE.