- Experience Level
Available Position and Hours:
Lekotek of Georgia, Associate Director
Three Days/Week, Approximately 6 Weekend Events/Year
Potential to grow into full-time position
The Associate Director is responsible for general administrative functions as needed. Specific assignments include grant writing and reporting, organizing special events, preparing reports, administering the annual family survey, data entry and overall agency management. In addition, the associate director will represent Lekotek at donor functions while maintaining positive relationships with staff, board and Lekotek families.
• The associate director will be responsible for managing several fundraising programs that include grant writing and reporting.
• The associate director will be responsible for coordinating special events and volunteer coordination for these events.
• The associate director will be responsible for the administration of the organization. This includes but is not limited to database entry and reporting, tracking donations, payments and writing thank you notes, preparing information for board meetings, maintaining policies, mailings, support for publications, administering background checks, and handling phone inquiries.
• The associate director will advocate, represent and often be the first point of contact with new families, donors, volunteers, etc. Although the associate director will not provide direct services, it’s important that they have a passion for working with children with disabilities and their families.
• Attend board/staff retreats and create reports requested by the board of directors.
• Volunteer at several family program events throughout the year.
• Perform necessary functions to manage the organization at the request of the Executive Director
• College Degree
• Business and/or Nonprofit Experience
• Strong technology skills that include database experience, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Strong organizational skills
• Passion for children with disabilities
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Willingness to take on any task required to ensure efficiency operation for the organization.
• Spanish fluency at any level a plus