Director of Development, Foundations
- Degree Level
Position Title: Director of Development - Foundations
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Development, Foundations, is responsible for execution of a strategic foundation fundraising plan. The position will collaborate with program teams to identify funding and donor engagement opportunities, and is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of five to seven figure gifts, and management of a personal portfolio of $1 to $2 million annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research potential donors to gain insights into priorities, application guidelines, relationships and other charitable giving to understand how to effectively position camp and win funding.
• Effectively set and deliver on ambitious goals. Prioritize qualified, high capacity donors and build relationships with those with the greatest potential to make significant gifts.
• Manage a portfolio of 15 to 30 foundations. Continuously build the donor pipeline. Manage donor portfolio with a straightforward and efficient process, documenting donor interaction and pipeline movement in the database of record.
• Solicit foundations and submit grant applications to support designated operating, program, and capital priorities to meet or exceed annual fundraising targets.
• Serve as project manager, coordinating engagement of program, marketing, and fundraising teams to meet or exceed deliverables.
• Develop and execute donor engagement plans, including recognition, stewardship. and fulfillment reporting.
Education, Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, business, marketing, or related program.
• Minimum of five to seven years of experience in fundraising, managing a diverse portfolio of donors, and with a proven record qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding six - seven figure gifts.
• Exceptional project management and verbal and written communication skills.
• Graceful and resilient under pressure, highly responsive, resourceful and open minded.
• Motivated by ambitious goals and deadlines.
• Adaptable and able to multi-task.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Team player with excellent customer service, problem solving, and organization skills.
• High degree of professionalism, attention to detail, discretion, and sound judgement.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office, CRM databases, Raiser’s Edge experience preferred, and proficient use of research platforms, such as Foundation Directory, Donor Search, and RelSci.