- Position Type
- Full Time
Location: The position will ideally be based in the Hudson Valley (Dutchess, Orange, or Ulster County), but the Capitol District (Albany, Rensselaer, Greene, or Columbia Counties) is a possibility.
Reports to: Managing Director
Type of position: Full time, 40 hours
Compensation: $48,000 – $60,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance.
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson builds the power of the multiracial working class, through elections and issue campaigns, to win a society that works for all of us instead of just the greedy few. We are one of the fastest growing grassroots organizations in New York State.
- Coordinate legislative campaign and coalition activities including: participating in coalition meetings; scheduling and preparing for lobby days, meetings with elected officials, and press events; and pointing on actions and other events
- Manage relationships with partner organizations, unions, and elected officials
- Represent the organization in coalitions and at public facing events and meetings
- Collaborate with the Organizing Director and Managing Director to help develop and advance grassroots and political strategy at the local and statewide level
- Regularly communicate legislative campaign updates and needs to staff and members
- Draft and edit external and internal campaign materials including: campaign plans, talking points, 1-pagers, research documents
- Monitoring the Hudson Valley and New York State political landscape
- Participate in organizational activities, including recruiting volunteers and soliciting donors from your existing social networks, participating in organizational fundraising, and taking on additional work wherever needed
Experiences & Skill Requirements:
- 1+ year of paid experience with electoral, community, and/or labor organizing. Experience with issue-based and legislative campaigns is preferred.
- Alignment with Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson’s mission and values and a strong passion for organizing for social change
- Demonstrated ability to quickly connect, build trust and develop authentic relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills
- Highly organized, ability to manage many moving parts and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with attention to detail
- Goal-driven, detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team with a problem solving orientation
- Willingness to tackle problems, generate smart and creative interventions, experiment, and learn from failures
- Ability to give and receive feedback and contribute to an anti-oppressive organizational culture
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and to frequently drive around the Hudson Valley, Capitol District, and other regions
- Familiarity with New York State and/or Hudson Valley political landscape
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
Note on COVID-19
Staff are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until the COVID-19 pandemic abates. At that time, applicants would work from the Hudson Valley or Capitol District.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three professional references with emails and phone numbers at https://airtable.com/shr7NtsGazcWFMrBS
People of color, gender oppressed people, working class people, LGBTQ people, and immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.