2 days left
- Experience Level
About Global Growers: Global Growers is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Decatur, GA that partners with people from diverse cultures who grow fresh food for their families and for local marketplaces. Together, we build and sustain networks of growers, land, resources, and markets in order to create a more equitable food system that is driven by cultural diversity, inclusive economies, and regenerative agriculture practices. We partner with more than 300 talented growers from diverse backgrounds and operate 9 farm and garden sites in the suburbs east of Atlanta. Global Growers Network maintains a friendly, flexible, and casual work environment.
Position Summary: The Operations Manager will deliver back-office support to meet the day-to-day needs of our networks and to contribute to the long-term sustainability of the organization. This role exists to improve our office, personnel, financial, and technology systems to meet the evolving needs of staff and growers as the organization grows in size and complexity. The position will have a big picture perspective, with the ability to analyze situations and make decisions that will support GGN’s mission. The Operations Manager works closely with the Executive Director on general operations and finances and with the Deputy Director on staff development and project management. The position will receive support from a part-time (20 hours/week) Office Manager who has been with the organization for 5 years.
Candidate Vision: The ideal candidate for this position likes people, systems, and numbers and feels a connection to our mission. Global Growers Network is committed to building a multicultural and multilingual organization with diverse perspectives that will allow us to deepen our impact, especially in serving new Americans and people of color. We especially value candidates who identify with the communities we serve (refugees, immigrants, people of color, low-wealth). As our team prepares to launch several new projects (including a new farm property), we are looking to add an Operations Manager who is enthusiastic and experienced in improving administrative systems, leading and serving people, and practicing sound fiscal management. The candidate should be focused on building a culture of equity, transparency, and continuous improvement in service of our organizational mission and goals.
Expected Outcomes and Responsibilities:
Project and Personnel Management
- Grant and project management is guided by a broad and deep knowledge of all programs through active involvement in all programs and services. Work plans are thoughtfully developed and updated. Problems and points of friction are identified. Solutions are implemented. Deadlines and resource allocations are carefully monitored. Opportunities for cross-program strengths are identified to take advantage of new opportunities to address organizational challenges.
- Internal reporting and communication systems and capabilities are developed and monitored to support strategic plan execution.
- Staff mentorship and development is guided by a supportive and collaborative approach to setting objectives, establishing priorities, and monitoring results. Teams are supported to exchange ideas and create cross-team learning opportunities. Problem-solving among staff is supported in a collegial, supportive fashion, using good judgment.
- Performance management processes are designed to foster a culture of learning, improvement, and high performance. Staff performance goals are established in partnership with network managers and measured/evaluated against the goals of the organization.
- Financial reports are produced on a regular basis in close coordination with the Finance & Office Manager, Executive Director, and board finance committee. Additional finance reports are produced as needed for funder requests, grant reporting, and project management in coordination with the Deputy Director.
- Annual audit process is executed in Q1 of each year with the audit committee and contracted accounting firm.
- Annual budget process is led in partnership with the Executive Director and finance committee, with broad input from all staff.
- Filing systems and records (digital and paper) are organized, up-to-date, and compliant with record-retention policies. New organization systems are designed and implemented as needed.
- Technology planning is conducted annually (or more frequently as needed) to meet the needs of staff (including computers, mobile devices, software systems, password management, and cloud storage).
- HR functions are carried out with a focus on equity, learning, and high performance (including hiring procedures, onboarding, employee engagement, annual performance review processes, exit interviews, staff benefits review and implementation, policy updates, and insurance coverage)
- Vendor and contractor relationships are developed as needed and managed equitably and effectively to support finance, operations, and programmatic functions.
- Facilities are in compliance with lease agreements, utility requirements, and licenses/registrations (including office, farm, and garden sites).
- 5+ years employment in social impact sector
- Managing federal grants and contracts
- Managing multi-year projects and successfully meeting deadlines and budgets
- Managing teams of 5+ people
- Working in multilingual and multicultural environments
- Training in social and racial justice
- Building relationships with a diverse set of constituents
- Using Quickbooks or other major accounting software
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements
- Working with organizations experiencing rapid growth
- Motivating and supporting others to adapt to a changing environment
- Personnel leadership
- Human resource management
- Project management
- Nonprofit finance
- Racial equity and inclusion
- Oral and written communication skills, with the ability to accurately communicate the vision, mission, and impact of GGN
- High proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word and other organizational technology needs.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,0000 annually, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Healthcare Reimbursement Account (currently $350/month), cell phone stipend (currently $25/month), 401k retirement account (with up to 3% match), paid time off (starts at 2 weeks then accrues) and paid holidays (6 public holidays; 2 floating holidays; 1 week bonus time at year-end), professional development opportunities (currently $1,000/year), and free/discounted produce (based on availability).
Schedule: This is an exempt position requiring a minimum of forty hours per week with standard working hours, Monday through Friday, along with pre-scheduled evening and weekend work expected on occasion.
Location: Our administrative office is located in Decatur, GA in a nonprofit co-working space operated by the City of Decatur at Legacy Park, a beautiful 77-acre greenspace that is also home to our Decatur’s Kitchen Garden and Orchard. Our network of farm and garden sites are located in Decatur, Clarkston, and Conyers. We also maintain a farm office in Conyers. The position will require at least 8 hours/week in the administrative office in Decatur and at least 12 hours/month in the farm office in Conyers. Remote/virtual work is possible outside of necessary in-office responsibilities. Strict COVID protocols are in place at this time, with staff working remotely as much as possible.
Application Instructions: Submit resume”operations.lastname.res” and cover letter “operations.lastname.cl” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Operations.lastname.” Review of Applications will begin immediately. Applications received by February 23, 2021 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Decatur
- Administrative / Clerical Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Decatur
- Facilities / Equipment Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Decatur
- Human Resources / Recruiting Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Decatur
- Program / Project Management Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Decatur