International Partnership Development Officer
- Experience Level
Job Title: International Partnership Development Officer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel: 25 – 50%
Reports to: VP, Operations
An International Partnership Development Officer is responsible for generating leads, building relationships, and identifying potential partnerships with new and existing partner organizations while providing superior customer service. This individual will be seeking to create a more robust sourcing mechanism for African and Asian hospitals and clinics to be able to provide life changing medicines to those in need. The International Partnership Development Officer will often be the first impression of MAP International that a potential partner has. As such, it is imperative that the International Partnership Development Officer represent themselves and the company to a high standard at all times. The right candidate for this role will be someone who can speak French fluently, understand local customs, understand how to source product based on partners’ needs, and provide exceptional customer service to the partners looking for MAP to provided much needed medicines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- First point of contact with partner organization providing prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service.
- Build a portfolio of partners by actively researching and seeking out partnerships via prospecting calls in the African region and Asia.
- Providing quotes to new and existing customers and qualify prospects transportation spend.
- Identify partners for both GIK and purchased product from international sources and identify partners including hospitals and clinics for distribution with a focus on Africa and Asia.
- Conducts annual field program assessments of partners to assure products are being distributed according to MAP standards.
LOGISTICS AND SHIPPING
- Submitting export documentation to partners ensuring all logistical details are covered and shipments are cleared through international customs according to each country’s requirements.
- Manage the movement of the partner’s goods, ensuring that they are picked up and delivered on time to their final destination.
- Maintain positive customer relationship by responding to all inquiries and complaints regarding shipments, billing, or inventory.
- Proactively assess possible delays or complications and plan strategies for process improvement.
- Work quickly and effectively to resolve problems that may develop on a freight shipment.
REPORTING AND QUALITY CONTROL
- Ensure proper invoicing of accounts through customer activity reports.
- Develop and implement system procedures or best practices to improve customer service efficiency.
- Ensure all eligibility forms are completed and partners are verified per MAP’s quality control standards.
- Meeting monthly and quarterly goals.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by management.
This position will report into the VP, Operations and will work closely with the Partnership Development Team. This role will not have any direct reports.
The ability to speak, read, and write French and English fluently is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of dedicated customer service and international account management experience
- Strong Customer Service background including ability to manage multiple accounts and daily communication with customers
- High proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- MPH or relevant master’s level degree or equivalent work experience
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in duty free waiver authorization approvals is strongly preferred.
- Should be able to speak, read, and write French fluently
- Strong analytical skills, independent thinking and reasoning ability
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Well-organized, detail oriented with excellent follow through
- Manage priorities in a timely and efficient manner within critical deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to develop partner relationships
- Have the ability to be self-motivated and self-directed with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and must have the ability to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to travel, specifically involving long-haul International flights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus during significant computer related work. Employee must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.