Director of Finance
1 day left
- Experience Level
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is currently seeking a Director of Finance with a proven background in nonprofit finance to lead the fiscal operations and ensure the financial health of our thriving 50+ employee, $4 million+ organization.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director is a key member of our highly collaborative senior management team and leads that team in the budgeting and financial analysis activities that supports the organization’s work.
The successful candidate for this position will be committed to STAND!’s values of integrity, passion, compassion, safety, accountability, innovation, and collaboration; and eager to create and participate in a culture of interpersonal kindness and accountability. They will be a skilled problem-solver, detail-oriented, and comfortable moving between hands-on involvement in day to day business activities; and strategic thinking.
They will bring their five+ years’ experience at senior level in multi-funded nonprofit organizations to bear as they prepare, monitor, and modify STAND!’s annual budget; and prepare financial statements and other regular reports for funders, government entities, the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Committee, and Board of Directors. The Director of Finance manages a team of three accounting professionals.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide oversight of day-to-day financial operations including general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, annual audits, and regulatory reporting.
- Develop, implement and maintain all accounting systems and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Initiate and coordinate agency’s annual budget development process with senior management team; ensure adherence to budget allocations and expenses.
- Prepare, maintain and oversee grants accounting, Finance Department, and special event budgets.
- Prepare grant budgets for renewal applications, foundation applications, and new initiatives.
- Perform or supervise grant billing on a timely basis, to government agencies and foundations.
- Maintain professional contact with government agencies, funders, and general public.
- Monitor revenue and expenses regularly.
- Manage agency’s cash flow.
- Prepare for annual audit and assist auditing firm as needed to complete audit; and to file Federal, State, and local tax returns.
- Prepare for funder audits and preparation of governmental reports.
- Monitor AR aging schedule on a monthly basis, follow up with funders on past due items.
- Prepare and analyze monthly accurate and timely financial and variance reports. Report on same to Chief Executive Officer and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
- Provide supervision as needed to accounting staff including hiring, completing performance appraisals, providing professional development, training, and initiating corrective action if needed.
- Maintain banking, workers’ compensation, and liability insurance relationships.
- Actively participate in Senior Management discussions and decisions regarding agency issues.
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is a catalyst for breaking the multi-generational cycle of violence, promoting safe and strong relationships, and rebuilding lives. Read more about our mission-driven agency at http://www.standffov.org/
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management at a senior level for a multi-stream, government-funded non-profit, that includes General Ledger management, managing and implementing accounting methodologies for the cost-allocation of multiple, complex government funds & grants; and technical knowledge of GAAP.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ABILA - MIP Financial software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting and spreadsheet software (Excel).
- Experience with federal cost principles and OMB circulars.
- Well-organized, effective leader with excellent prioritizing and attention to detail skills
- Experience motivating, developing, directing, managing, and valuing professional staff.
In addition, the successful candidate be a good listener, a strong strategist, and an effective communicator, with the ability to work well under pressure and adapt easily to frequently changing situations and priorities. They will also be a collaborative, emotionally mature, seasoned leader who delivers results.
Employment with STAND! is contingent upon clear fingerprint and criminal history record, successful completion of DOJ Form I-9, valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance and clean driving record. (MVRs are run prior to hire and periodically thereafter). Continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the agency's mission-related required training. MPA/MBA is a preferred qualification for this role.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our community’s families
- Salary: $105,000 - $115,000 DOE/DOQ
- Generous benefits package: regular employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to participate in our benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, voluntary acupuncture and chiropractic insurance, insurance pre-tax premiums account, 403(b) plan (with limited employer match after one year’s service); and to earn vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
Apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and the names of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter, please outline how you meet the qualifications described above.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to staff diversity, and welcome applications from qualified people of all backgrounds.