- Experience Level
The Southeast Los Angeles (SELA) Collaborative is a network of organizations gathered to lead the area of Southeast Los Angeles into an era of increased vitality by bringing resources to build a robust infrastructure of local nonprofits, to inform and engage stakeholders for increased civic participation, and to provide data and research specifically designed to explore the possibilities of this region. The SELA Collaborative is fiscally sponsored by Families In Schools. The Associate Director position reports to the SELA Collaborative’s Executive Director and it is a grant funded position that can be eliminated if funding ends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in project planning; provides reports and updates as required.
- Develop internal capacity to conduct independent research and policy analysis.
- Ensuring the implementation of the SELA Collaborative Plan including the development of program plans, timelines, and facilitating discussions. Including knowledge and experiences developing action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and lead projects in collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Provides guidance and helps build consensus for data and evaluation related decision making.
- Oversees the development, quality, and reliability of a data management systems. Including the managing of internal data record keeping and refinement.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data to drive decision-making and demonstrates creative problem solving.
- Responsibility for making or contributing to important decisions about the Collaborative’s effectiveness, focus, and management.
- Communicates efforts and outcomes to all stakeholder groups including residents
- Developing relationships with stakeholders, partners, and elected officials,
- Ability to prepare and present evaluation results in a manner that increases the likelihood that they will be used and accepted by a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Coordinate and implement efforts to educate the community by developing outreach materials that are community-friendly;
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with community agencies and organizations; represents program at appropriate meetings and community events.
- Attends community events and meetings and grows those relationships as needed.
- Develops and maintains community relationships
- Develop and implement metrics reporting system to facilitate the tracking of grant deliverables, this work will be done in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Prepare regular reports and updates for public distribution, as necessary.
- Support the Executive Director in overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Collaborative
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Education, Training, and Experience
- Master’s Degree in policy, psychology, data and evaluation or related fields.
- Minimum of four years’ experience with program development, program evaluation design, applied statistical analysis and management of evaluation projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, salesforce, and other data management system.
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and writing skills, including interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Project coordination experience, adhering to project deadlines/budgets and ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects with accuracy, effectively and respond to changing priorities
- Ability to adapt communication appropriately for purpose and audience
- Ability to work as part of the team, lead when appropriate, and accept feedback
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with multiple stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Demonstrated integrity and experience in driving others to strive for excellence in their work and leading others to new levels of effectiveness.
- Experience working in low-income communities, schools, and/or community-based (nonprofit) agencies.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Skill and Ability to:
- Demonstrate an openness to feedback and commitment to learning and process improvement;
- Desire to promote the assets of the organization in an effort to better serve our community;
- Dedication to the efficient and effective use of resources;
- Strong work ethic and commitment to professional quality, excellence and accountability to oneself and others;
- Capability to think strategically while executing tactically within a high-functioning team-oriented environment;
- Ongoing use of good judgment, tact and diplomacy in all professional matters;
- Committed to building positive relationships with all agency stakeholders, across levels, roles and functions.
- Can lift up to 25 lbs. (books, materials, supplies, etc.);
- Ability to successfully pass a finger-print background check.
Families in Schools serves as the Fiscal Sponsor for the SELA Collaborative. Families In Schools is an at-will employer. We foster a mission-driven, collaborative work environment where teamwork, communication, excellence, quality, integrity, inquiry and commitment to community are highly valued. We provide employees with ongoing professional development opportunities through structured learning and training coupled with project assignments that maximize a diverse and high-functioning skill set. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Paid time off - 10 paid Holidays, 12 Vacation days, 10 Sick days, and Office Closure December 24 to December 31.
- After 30 days of successful employment FIS offers Medical, Dental, Vision and $50,000 Life Insurance. FIS pays: 100% of the premium for our employees, spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. Employees who select a premium insurance will contribute a premium differential.
- Paid monthly parking. 100% employer-paid Disability and Life insurance policies. 401k Group Retirement Annuity with 3% FIS contribution.
Note: In accordance with LA County Covid-19 orders, the position is temporarily remote.
Families In Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Government $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Program / Project Management Government $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Public Policy / Administration Government $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Research Government $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles