- Experience Level
Hollywood Community Housing Corporation (HCHC) is a non-profit, community based organization established in 1989 to help combat the severe shortage of affordable housing for low income families, seniors, and the disabled in Los Angeles County.
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other duties and functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the
Accounting Department with producing accurate financial data in compliance with organization standards, regulatory agencies, and following General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards.
- Prepare and analyze month end closing, reconciliation, and timely financial statements
- Manage accurate, monthly journal entries for the month-end close
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, as needed
- Provide support for the 9-month audit field work and annual audit
- Perform general accounting management duties, i.e. billing, tax forms, reporting
- Maintain fixed assets and inventory records and update depreciation schedule
- Support the Controller in managing day-to-day activities, including cross-functional projects
- Document policies and procedures for assigned areas of responsibility
- Provide guidance in the formulation of internal controls and policies
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of all expenditures
- Ensure accurate coding and approval on all bills and check requests
- Record and reconcile credit card payments
- Maintain positive relationship with vendors and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Maintain all filing for vendors and housing development projects
- Reconcile pre-development projects monthly
- Prepare check draws for pre-development and construction financing
- Compile and distribute annual 1099’s
- Monitor annual gala expenditures and prepare reports for Management.
- Prepare and coordinate bank deposits
- Prepare and coordinate quarterly deposits for all reserves
- Reconcile contributions with the Development department
Perform other duties as requested
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree with four years of related experience. An advanced degree, such as a Master’s degree in a related field, is strongly preferred but substantial related experience is an acceptable substitute. Experience within the real estate industry, property management, or the nonprofit sector is preferred.
- Strong understanding of real estate acquisitions, construction management, accounting practices and property management functions.
- Ability to quickly obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the various financial reporting and general ledge structures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Real Page, Yardi, or Dynamics SL software experience highly preferred
This position requires daily use of office equipment. May need to lift up to 20 lbs.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed in a busy, indoor environment in the main office, at properties owned by HCHC, and at other offices and housing developments throughout Los Angeles County. The employee must be able to stay focused in an environment with interruptions and distractions. Other responsibilities, such as special events, may require work to be completed outdoors.
Periodic travel within Los Angeles County for meetings and trainings. Infrequent travel outside of Los Angeles County by car or airplane for trainings, meetings, and conferences. Must have and maintain a valid California driver’s license and insurance as required by law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attention: HCHC HR Department.
Hollywood Community Housing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other basis protected by law.