- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
Summary:Provides a variety of general accounting support to include processing and posting payables and receivables as well as assisting in other areas. Contributes to the team environment with excellent customer service, solid organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
Leads the daily support functions of the department to include data entry supporting accounts receivable, accounts payable and overall general accounting support.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting A/P and A/R account transactions.
- Processes, tracks and records data in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Reviews accounts receivable and accounts payables listing and aging schedules, researching discrepancies and resolves variances.
- Assists with completion of journal entries for monthly financial closings.
- Maintains a hard copy and electronic filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Assists in providing detailed analyses and explanations of transactions as required.
- Processes all incoming checks and electronic payments in accordance with internal financial policies and procedures.
- Processes and posts account receivable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing.
- Prepares and processes deposits to the banks.
- Assists in identifying delinquent rent accounts and insufficient payments, collecting revenue by reminding delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Prepares and regularly reports deficiencies and collection status to supervisor, managing evictions as necessary.
- Verifies the accuracy of vendor invoices, confirming correct general ledger account codes are recorded.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Prepares and generates payments to vendors on a routine schedule once reviewed and approved.
- Processes bi-weekly contractor payments.
- Ensures proper and timely coding of credit card charges, posting monthly to prepare for reconciliation.
- Processes credit card reconciliations, accurately recording revisions.
- Other duties as assigned to include special projects.
Qualifications and Required/Preferred Skills:
- High School Degree or GED required, college or technical/vocational school a plus.
- 2+ years’ minimum experience in basic accounting and/or bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of basic financial, tax, and accounting principles.
- Ability to multi-task, manage and organize projects, and assist with accounting projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to apply attention to detail and to perform assigned work with proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with clients, staff and senior management.
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Google Drive preferred
- Solid experience with organizing work and working with limited supervision.
- Ability to use/operate various general office equipment.
- Ability to work with at-risk client populations (i.e. chronic illness, mental illness, substance abuse, etc.).
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug screen/test.
- If applicable, must possess a valid GA state driver’s license and liability insurance minimums as outlined in Caring Works Liability insurance coverage.