- Experience Level
Based in Atlanta, GA the American College of Rheumatology is a professional association for physicians, health professionals, and scientists that work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology. The ACR has over 9,500 members from around the world. We offer a variety of services, including: educational programming, legislative and regulatory advocacy, practice management support and grant funding through its Rheumatology Research Foundation. The ACR’s Annual Scientific Meeting, held each fall, is the premier scientific meeting in the world devoted to rheumatic diseases. To find out more about us please visit www.rheumatology.org
TITLE: Coordinator, Philanthropy
POSITION #: 91
DATE: January 2021
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Senior Specialist, Philanthropy
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Coordinator, Philanthropy - provides gift processing and accounting expertise to support a comprehensive fundraising program consistent with the organization's mission and strategic plan.
The primary responsibility of the Coordinator is the accurate and timely processing of gifts into the Raiser’s Edge database and working in coordination with the ACR Finance Department to ensure that gifts are reflected in the NetSuite system as well as in the Raiser’s Edge database. This position requires an individual who is highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis; ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines; good problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to take responsibility, to work well as a team member and to work independently; ability to understand and follow directions and complex policies and procedures; ability to deal with confidential data; good interpersonal and organizational skills.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for reviewing, entering, and posting of all income to its proper general ledger account in Raiser’s Edge.
- Responsible for ensuring all contributions with dues made directly to the ACR are accounted for and imported into the donor database.
- Participates in daily check and credit card log procedures.
- Follows standard procedures to retain backup documentation for all donations and pledges.
- Accurately processes all online donations through Net Community.
- Responsible for resolving all issues related to Blackbaud Merchant Services credit card transactions, i.e., refunds, errors, declines and invalid credit cards.
- Manages automatic payment schedules for pledge payments, processing individual credit card payments via schedule set by donor.
- Manages online access to matching gift and employee giving programs in order to verify donations.
- Generates monthly exports from database (Raiser’s Edge) to the accounting system (NetSuite).
Donor Record Maintenance
- Responsible for adding and maintaining accurate electronic constituent records, occasionally referencing hardcopy records.
- Updates electronic donor records with current biographical and demographic information.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Specialist, Philanthropy or the Director, Individual Engagement and Philanthropy
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years gift processing experience with a nonprofit organization.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Follows standard processes and procedures related to gift entry and report preparation.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a cooperative team.
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Customer Service / Retail Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Atlanta