- Experience Level
The Executive Director of Kate’s Club is responsible for the overall leadership and day-to-day management of the organization. The Executive Director partners with the board of directors and leads the organization’s strategic growth and development as outlined in the organization’s strategic plan, including the implementation of operational programs and processes that will help accomplish Kate’s Club’s mission, increase funding revenue, and accelerate the growth of the organization. The Executive Director develops strong relationships within the community, manages activities that will result in increased delivery of the mission of the organization, heightens marketing efforts for Kate’s Club, and raises funds for the organization.
Kate’s Club Overview
Kate’s Club is a nonprofit organization that empowers children and young adults facing life after the death of a parent or sibling. Our vision is a world in which it is OK to grieve. We build healing communities through recreational and therapeutic group programs, education, and advocacy. See www.katesclub.org for more information. Kate’s Club has served the greater Atlanta community since 2003, and is locally and nationally noted for excellence in programming and organizational management. The goals of our strategic plan are to reach and support more grieving children and young adults, and increase financial sustainability and build capacity. The strategic plan includes initiatives for enhancing our digital platform and using technology to expand beyond the current geography to address and meet the needs of communities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree considered favorably.
- Ten years of relevant experience required, including the management of staff, budgets, boards, and fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with diverse groups of children and families.
- An understanding of bereavement and a passion for Kate’s Club’s mission.
- A track record of engagement with the Metro Atlanta social services sector.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate to a broad variety of people.
- Exceptional organizational and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project and event management, including leading of a large-scale capacity building campaign.
- Aptitude for data management.
- Strategic thinker who demonstrates persistence, ingenuity and is action oriented.
Position Structure and Compensation
- This is full-time, exempt, executive leadership position. The Executive Director leads the staff and oversees all aspects of operations. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
- Availability during business hours, as well as frequent evenings and weekends is required.
- Compensation is set by the Board of Directors, and reviewed on an annual basis. It is set to be in line with compensation for CEO roles of other Atlanta nonprofits of similar size and scale, and commensurate with experience.
- Kate’s Club offers a competitive array of benefits, including medical and voluntary benefits.
Summary of Duties
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Lead the development, implementation and measurement of the organization’s strategic plan, in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Serve as the staff leader.
- Supervise and evaluate direct reports – Director of Programs, Director of Development & Marketing, and Director of Volunteer Services.
- Oversee HR administration benefits, PTO, employment policies and records.
- Hold primary responsibility for ensuring that Kate’s Club has the resources needed to sustain and grow programs and operations.
- In close partnership with the Director of Development and Marketing, and board, lead all components of fundraising; including foundations, individuals, corporations, capacity building campaigns, and events (large annual Gala and annual fundraising Walk).
- Ensure that donor acknowledgement, record keeping, and fundraising policies and procedures are consistently followed.
- Consistently communicate the mission of Kate’s Club and various engagement opportunities, through personal advocacy, as well as formal multi-channel organizational communications.
- Actively support the Director of Development and Marketing in their leadership and execution of the annual communications plan.
- Review and approve monthly financial reports and transaction summaries, as prepared by the bookkeeper.
- Report financials monthly to the Board.
- Complete an annual audit and 990, in collaboration with a contracted firm.
- Work closely with the Treasurer of the Board and Finance Committee to develop and monitor budgets, ensure that all funds are spent in accordance with donor’s restrictions, track functional expenses, and actively lead financial compliance, forecasting and transparency.
Program Oversight, Evaluation and Growth Planning
- Along with the Director of Programs, ensure that all Kate’s Club programs and services are of the highest quality and effectiveness, and that all policies and procedures are communicated and followed consistently, to ensure the physical and emotional safety of the children, volunteers and staff.
- In partnership with the Director of Programs and Board of Directors, set strategic growth goals for programs, monitor progress, and consistently evaluate outcomes and efficiency.
- Ensure that program outcome data is captured effectively and lead the analysis of this data for the purpose of strategic planning and communication to funders and stakeholders.
Operations and Governance
- Act as the primary staff leader in facilities management – maintaining a good relationship with the landlord, ensuring compliance with the lease, addressing repairs or maintenance needs, etc.
- Act as the primary staff leader in the maintenance of a stable and efficient technology infrastructure – working with an IT management vendor to keep hardware, software, and network infrastructure up to date. Monitor technology policies and procedures.
- Maintain an updated set of policies related to governance, financial management, human resources, safety and legal compliance. Ensue that policies are followed consistently.
- Ensure that data management infrastructure, policies and procedures are functioning well – documents, member records, donor records, evaluation data, financial records, etc.
- Compliance, policies, records, data management.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide community of stakeholders, including donors, volunteers and member families.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to manage the governance, oversight and strategic direction of Kate’s Club.
- Participate actively with the Governance Committee to recruit new board members, staff committees and leadership positions, and monitor the effectiveness of the board.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.