- Experience Level
START DATE: March 1, 2021
WORK HOURS: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, occasional nights and weekends
OFFICE LOCATION: City of Atlanta, Physical address 1300 Joseph E. Boone Blvd NW, Workforce Innovation Hub, Atlanta, GA 30314 (Located inside City of Refuge facility). This position does require travel in and around the City of Atlanta to provide coverage for Atlanta Fire Rescue Department’s 36 fire stations and 4 administrative facilities.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Foundation’s Executive Director and ensuring proper coordination of programs, special events and year-round resource development.
- Schedule Youth Program Pathways programming days and manage all program coordination activities including ordering food, uniforms and ensuring the safety and well-being of the staff and students
- Enter and manage data related to all program activities
- Order, deliver and manage donations and purchased items for the Adopt a Fire Station Program
- Draft program communications such as flyers and posters to communicate deadlines and priorities with AFRD staff
- Recruit, screen, onboard, train and reward program volunteers
- Represent AFRF in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Provides staff support and leadership to event chairs and related committees to help secure sponsors and participants.
- Coordinate work with external and internal audiences including vendors and donors.
- Assist with planning, implementation, and production of all fundraising events including vendor relationships, budgets and event logistics. May coordinate activities related to event program.
- Event material oversight: works with communications and marketing to develop materials related to events including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, nametags, etc.) and event scripts.
- Event Materials Oversight: Works with communications and marketing to develop materials elated to events including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, nametags, etc.) and event scripts.
- Maintains spreadsheets of all special event timelines.
- Works at special events as directed including preparation, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
- Assists in performing regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner; including but not limited to recording and tracking donor contracts and payments, reviewing and submitting event related invoices and payment, writing acknowledgement and thank you letters, assembling donor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related forms, researching both monetary and in-kind funding sources, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with AFRF portfolio of existing donors and partner organizations
- Ability to research, identify, assess and develop fundraising opportunities and relationships amongst institutional donors, private foundations, trusts and individuals to diversity and increase revenue streams
- Assist in the development of fundraising goals and soliciting funds
- Develop and submit individual high-quality funding applications and relevant materials to donors/resources providers
- Submit compelling donor progress reports (narrative and financial), monitoring and evaluation requirements in accordance with donor criteria and deadlines
- Enter incoming donations and payments into all pertinent customer relationship management systems within 3 business days
- Send receipts for incoming donations on a monthly basis
- Attend fundraising and marketing events
- Must embrace the mission of the Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation and Atlanta Fire Rescue Department
- Minimum of 2-5 years of nonprofit experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the position requires direct interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient with G-Suite, Microsoft Office suite and virtual platforms such a Zoom, WebEx and Microsoft Teams
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
- Be a self-starter and goal drive to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening abilities
- Must have reliable personal transportation, a valid GA driver’s license and must have active GA driver’s insurance
- A bachelor’s degree, preferred
Range: $40,000 to 45,000 commensurate with education and experience. Selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to start date.
Due to size of organization, no benefits are currently offered.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
No phone calls! Email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email. Due to high volume of submissions received, emails without all of the above information may not be considered.
Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.