Member Services Assistant
- Position Type
- Full Time
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
Membership is the heart and soul of the Human Rights Campaign – quite simply members and donors are the reason why, and the reason how, we do our life changing work. The Member Services Assistant serves directly on the frontline of HRC – reading the pulse of our members and acting to meet their needs and concerns. Exemplary customer service is the number one objective of this position. The Member Services Assistant plays a vital role in supporting all aspects of the member services program – particularly as it relates to a large and sophisticated direct response fundraising program in an effort to maintain and increase membership.
As a vital member of a member relation’s team, this person will regularly interact with members, donors, and the general public via mail, telephone, social media, and email correspondence. As a part of our rapid response team we are required to be nimble and react quickly, often utilizing out-of-the-box and creative thinking. This person will provide suggestions to the crafting of responses to breaking news and daily inquiries, with a critical eye towards problem solving and relationship building – and always with a smile.
- Facilitate management of member and general public inquiries including, but not limited to - inquiries regarding general membership information, record, and demographic changes, specific HRC issues, payment updates, premium fulfillment, and general HRC information via phone, email and mail.
- Provide member support through digital communication channels to include text messaging, social media, and automated programs. Craft and respond with messaging that connects HRC’s mission to the general public and our members in an authentic and familiar manner and tone.
- Collaborate on the gift entry process of credit/cash/check donations, and acknowledgement mailings. Manage gift acknowledgement process with third party vendors and internal staff.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of general member/donor and supporter records in the customer relationship management database, as well as our digital engagement platforms.
- Monitor relevant current events that may assist with preparation of needed responses via live calls and email correspondence. Support the crafting of responses to public inquiries on current events.
- Assist with tracking and analyzing membership communications and feedback for reports to multiple teams, including senior staff. Note any unusual trends or concerns.
- Provide general administrative and program support to team leadership as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Two years of experience in member relations and/or customer service is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, strong writing ability, and creativity are essential, as well as a deep commitment to responsive and timely communication to our members.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when responding to individuals – and assessing the best way possible to maintain or improve that relationship
- Strong willingness to be a team-player – to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Discretion is a must.
- Strong interest and knowledge in the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement.
- Proven computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Suite required. Experience in PowerPoint and membership database programs preferred (experience with ROI Solutions or similar database platform preferred).
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign and/or the Human Rights Campaign Foundation may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.