Development Manager – Annual Fund & Grants
- Experience Level
BlazeSports America is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is the legacy organization of the 1996 Paralympic Games held in Atlanta, GA. Our mission is to change the lives of children and adults with physical disabilities through adaptive sport and recreation.
BlazeSports America, is the two-time recipient of the United States Olympic Committee’s “Rings of Gold” award for program development (youth and veteran adaptive sports). BlazeSports offers adaptive sport and recreation programs in Georgia, national training and education opportunities to build the capacity of adaptive sport and physical activity leaders and innovative sport for development programs in developing countries. We are a member of the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee’s Multi-Sport Organizational Council, the US member to Cerebral Palsy International Sport and Recreation Association, Paralympic Sport Club – Gold Member, and active chapters of Disabled Sports USA and Adaptive Sports USA. Learn more about BlazeSports at www.blazesports.org.
Working with the Executive Director, this position is responsible for planning and coordinating all aspects of BlazeSports fund development plan. Providing leadership on all fundraising initiatives including annual fund, grants, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and special events. The successful candidate will have a passion for the BlazeSports mission with the connections, contacts and experience to achieve this mission.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and direct BlazeSports annual fundraising plan, including mailings, annual fundraising initiatives, and securing new donors.
- Lead the grants programs for both new and ongoing grants including research, proposal writing, and coordinating reporting requirements.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Conduct prospect research for major and planned gift prospects, foundation and corporate prospects, and other organizations pertaining to development.
- Develop and maintain a prospect management system that supports prospect review, accurately record next steps and updates, and inputs prospect research for donors.
- Maintain BlazeSports gift/donor recognition programs. Record all pledges and gift transactions systematically and in a timely, accurate manner.
- Broaden BlazeSports’ fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs.
- Develop and grow online fundraising opportunities.
- Coordinate BlazeSports fundraising special events. Maintain records of each special event and prepare overall event report.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems (CRM)
- Develop and implement a system for acknowledgments of donors of all levels, assuring IRS compliance, confidentiality, timeliness and efficiency of gift receipts.
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters on a continual and ongoing basis to establish and maintain effective communications/relationships with them.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Passion for BlazeSports mission
- B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Two – five years professional development and fundraising experience.
- Experience and contacts in Atlanta/Metro Atlanta are a plus.
- Possess relevant knowledge and experience in all fundraising techniques, particularly annual fund and grants fundraising.
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Donor database experience desirable).
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision – self-motivated & confident
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience.
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge, and supervise volunteers.
- Confident public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Possess the capacity to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening skills.
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options
- Agency-sponsored life insurance
- 403(b) Plan
BlazeSports America is an equal opportunity employer, providing employment opportunities to all without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.