Communications, Outreach and Development Coordinator
- Experience Level
The Communications, Outreach and Development Coordinator (“Outreach Coordinator”) is responsible for implementing outreach, communications and development goals set by the PD Active Board of Directors. This multi-faceted role includes the following key responsibilities: communications and outreach; supporting development, fundraising and database management; supporting promotion and coordination efforts for online events; supporting and growing the size and diversity of PD Active membership; managing PD Active’s website and social media pages; and managing social media including working with Board members to promote PD Active through Google Ads, YouTube channels, Facebook pages and virtual meetings and livestreams. This position will also be responsible for helping to manage the transition to a blend of in-person and virtual programs when the pandemic ends.
Experience: The Outreach Coordinator must have related nonprofit communications and fundraising experience, excellent writing and editing skills, proficiency in a range of web design and database applications, and basic event coordination experience through a virtual or in-person medium such as securing venues, managing volunteers, event preparation.
This position requires an individual with professional experience with the ability to work efficiently on multiple projects, prioritize, follow through, and communicate effectively. The Outreach Coordinator must be a self-starter who demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style and responds quickly and efficiently to things as they happen. The Outreach Coordinator is expected to work collaboratively with other staff.
• Maintain and oversees PD Active website content in WordPress • Coordinate all print, online, and email communications and collateral • Plan and execute, under the direction of the Board, all email outreach and organizational communications using Constant Contact, including emails related to programming, events and fundraising • Generate, post, and manage social media accounts in accordance with PD Active’s communications plan: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn • Oversee Google Analytics and Google AdWords accounts • Vendor management as needed and directed by the Board • Work with other staff and the appropriate Board committee to develop, implement and manage communications for PD Active’s programs including press releases, advertising, ecommunications (newsletters, website, social media), print materials, and community outreach
Development and Fundraising
• Assist the Development Committee in executing the fundraising plan to meet targeted goals • Oversee the maintenance of PD Active’s database of donors to allow accurate and timely access to donor information including donor history • Produce and distribute materials used in solicitations in collaboration with the Board • Support donor solicitation and manage donor acknowledgment • Implement and oversee administrative assistance for all fundraising activities, including an annual appeal • Manage fundraising campaigns and events, including drafting correspondence, project managing grant applications and reports, creating sponsorship packages, and designing solicitations; subject to the Board’s oversight • Identify grant opportunities, and prepare, with input from Board, responses to grant proposals • Manage online fundraising campaigns and integrate them into social media • Prepare reports for the Board, and members, track gifts, campaigns, programs, and communications • Support positive donor relations
• Manage day to day operations of PD Active office • Maintain PD Active files and databases • Ensure that Board and staff have convenient access to reports, files and resources to conduct business on behalf of PD Active
• Under the guidance of the Treasurer, maintain fiscal records and prepare monthly and annual financial reports • Assist the Treasurer/Budget Committee in the preparation of the annual budget • Assist the Treasurer in monitoring annual budget • Oversee purchasing, assuring cost effectiveness and compliance with annual budget
Personnel and Resource Management
• Work collaboratively with other staff and Board • Organize and provide support for volunteers
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak persuasively • Fundraising through solicitations, automated communications and online campaigns • Website development and/or site maintenance • Experience working for a nonprofit organization • Capacity to work-from-home (currently, the position operates in a virtual office environment) • Experience and knowledge of WordPress, Constant Contact, and DonorPerfect, or comparable tools • Advanced user of Microsoft Office, Google apps and the web • Ability to meet deadlines effectively and organize workflow independently • Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred