Vounteer Fundraising Coordinator
- Experience Level
Impact Communities! Expand your Network!
We are looking for a Fundraising Coordinator to assist with fundraising efforts to increase brand awareness and grow our community of donors. This role directly contributes to Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies mission to empower, educate, and equip girls and young ladies to be their authentic selves and walk in their purpose.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies ("RBB") mission is to educate and empower girls ages 4-21 by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their own potential to be confident, self-sufficient, unique, determined, and powerful in their lives as well as in their communities, while encouraging sisterhood. We are committed to inspiring and challenging girls to pursue academic excellence, leadership, and personal growth and development, while defining a vision for how they will make positive contributions to their future endeavors and communities.
Description: In our work with girls, RBB aim is nothing less than empowerment. RBB defines an empowered girl as someone who knows her strengths and capabilities, isn’t afraid to embrace them, an active learner in school, a confident actor in her family and community, and ready to take on her biggest dreams. She believes in herself, knows her possibilities are endless, and lives in a community where she is treated equally, where parents, peers, and role models supports her growth and her goals. Our programs are designed to not only provide girls with life and social skills, but a chance to learn valuable knowledge, develop strategies for overcoming challenges, to know their strengths and weaknesses, a factor that empowers them to break out of their comfort zone, learn the confidence to ask for help and improve their performance and maximize their potential, a combination that enables them to become the person that they wish to be. Our program’s focus areas include:
- Life & Social Skills Training
- Etiquette Training
- Academic Success and Career Development
- Business & Leadership Development
- Body Image
- Esteem & Confidence
- Bully Prevention & Friendship
The focus of our programs is to identify and address the issues girls face during their formative years by not only empowering them but ensuring that each girl has greater self-esteem, confidence, the ability to excel academically, and engage with their peers and in their communities. We believe that we will be influential in reversing the statistics that apply to our girls, uplifting one butterfly at a time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Network within the community/virtually to build a strong, positive relationship with potential and existing donors
- Follow up on potential donor leads
- Develop a fundraising action plan
- Plan, organize and host fundraising events for the organization
- Work with fundraising committee to prospect and solicit major and corporate donors
- Help increase communications with supporters and current donors
- Send current and potential donors a newsletter on a monthly basis to keep them informed of how organization is doing.
- Identify and suggest fundraising opportunities; provide grant writing tools, prepare team budget quarterly and yearly.
- Identify, Contribute creative ideas for new fundraising opportunities
- Develop, monitor, review, and update all fundraising policies and ensure they are in line with current industry trends/standards
- Providing independent advice and support in developing and/or executing strategic, operational plans
- Support the Executive Director/Board of Directors on industry standards relating to fundraising targets, objectives, and aspirations
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the Fundraising field.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people, businesses, and organizations
- Willingness to learn (or previous experience with) using online tools to engage members, donors, and corporate partners
This is an excellent volunteer opportunity for anyone interested in contributing to a cause while developing leadership skills, gaining board member experience, and building relationships.