Director of Admissions
- Experience Level
Climb Hire – Director of Admissions
Are you the kind of person who comes back from a conference with three new close friends? Do you thrive off of building partnerships? Is a strong action plan your thing? Do you derive joy when you use data to refine a process so it can run more efficiently? And most importantly, do you get a rush every time you see a door open for a non-traditional jobseeker? If so, we want to talk! Climb Hire seeks a Director of Admissions and Recruiting to lead the Climber selection process, build key community partnerships, and identify “hidden” talent pools as we launch recruitment efforts for our fourth cohort and continue our national expansion. This is a remote position.
About Climb Hire
Climb Hire’s mission is to create economic opportunity and mobility. We enable diverse, high-potential talent earning below the livable wage to break into upwardly-mobile jobs via a 24-week intensive upskilling program focused on both technical (Salesforce) and soft skills relevant to the current job market. Climbers are between the ages of 22-33 and the majority do not hold four-year degrees. We’re not just a class, we’re a community. Relationship-building is at the core of our model, since we know that 9 out of 10 job seekers land roles through warm connections versus applying cold. Our community is built on “paying it forward”: we forge a network of peers and alumni who empower each other in every way, through job referrals and emotional and intellectual support. Nearly 80% of our Second Cohort secured jobs that doubled or tripled their income -- the average Climber increases their salary by $36k through completion of the program. Climbers are being picked up by blue-chip companies nationwide for a variety of entry-level roles across functional areas and industries. Climb Hire is a national organization HQ’d in the San Francisco Bay Area and serves participants in the greater metros of Los Angeles, Sacramento, the Bay Area, Denver, and Minneapolis-St. Paul. Climb Hire will continue its rapid national expansion over the next 24 months.
- The Director will build out a pipeline of organizations to help feed Climb Hire’s applicant pool. Partnerships will be inclusive of local nonprofit organizations, state workforce development boards, corporate partners, and community colleges;
- The Director will lead the outreach and recruitment strategy in collaboration with program leadership to identify the ideal applicant profile, refine eligibility criteria, and improve the selection process;
- The Director will lead the admissions process to ensure quality in all internal operations and interactions with prospective applicants;
- The Director is responsible for the oversight of the team’s use of technology in collaboration with the Senior Systems Administrator and Senior Director of Strategy and Operations;
- The Director will be adept at utilizing data to inform decision making, will be an expert at pipeline management, and leading case management efforts of staff involved in the admissions pipeline;
- The Director will create reasonable expectations for team members as aligned with recruitment goals, acceptances, and retention rates;
- The Director has experience in working with external consultants to develop relevant marketing materials and messaging;
- The Director is approachable and able to work collaboratively with high-level stakeholders, junior staff, and Climb Hire alumni engaged in the recruiting process;
- The Director will have one direct report and the support and assistance of our Marketing and Operations Coordinator and Senior Systems Administrator; and
- The Director will report to the CEO.
Highly motivated professional committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workforce and education;
- Prior experience in admissions, recruiting, and selection of diverse applicants (nonprofit, education, workforce, K-12 or post-secondary);
- Partnership building experience with a range of stakeholders;
- Salesforce proficiency is a plus;
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- Experience in and/or desire to work with diverse populations from historically disenfranchised communities; and
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a remote environment among a small, mission-driven team.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Climb Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
In lieu of a cover letter (we think they are outdated), please send your resume and a one-page document with your responses to the three questions below. You can send your materials to email@example.com
- Tell us about a partnership you have built that you are really proud of?
- Tell us a story about something you shared on social media or a campaign you lead. What happened when you spread the word?
- What’s your favorite strategy for motivating a direct report to reach a goal?
More searches like this
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Employment $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Education / Teaching Employment $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Executive / Senior Management Employment $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Employment $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in San Francisco