Operations Coordinator (Front Office)
- Experience Level
ABOUT THE ATLANTA POLICE FOUNDATION
The Atlanta Police Foundation (APF), established in 2003, brings together the public and private sectors, with the mission of making Atlanta a safer city for residents and visitors. Through public safety strategies and partnerships, the Foundation, a 501(c) 3, provides a means for individuals, community members and businesses to engage and donate funds, with an ultimate goal of preventing and reducing crime. The Foundation’s programs address the city’s public safety needs, including increasing police visibility, using state-of-the-art technology to fight and prevent crime and working to create strong leaders in the Atlanta Police Department through enhanced training. For more information about the Atlanta Police Foundation, please visit: www.atlantapolicefoundation.org.
As the Front Office Coordinator and Executive Assistant to our executive leadership team, this role is the first point of contact for anyone arriving at our offices. Handling the flow of guests and employees through the reception area in a professional and welcoming way, ensuring that all office supply needs are met, and running all front desk tasks with efficiency and proactiveness are key expectations for this role. As you are often the first person our donors and stakeholders interact with; your role will be extremely important for improving stakeholder experience and satisfaction.
Our ideal candidate is customer-service oriented and goes above and beyond with any request or task given to them. You should have excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to be simultaneously detailed and fast! This role will be responsible for a variety of administrative tasks including managing calendars, organizing meetings, creating reports, organizing travel and accommodation, taking minutes, and other organizational tasks as assigned to support our company’s executive leadership team. To do this role properly you should have a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office suite, be extremely fast at solving problems and have experience as an executive or administrative assistant in the past. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
FRONT OFFICE & FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for setting the overall tone of the office and what visitors can expect
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing guests appropriately in a warm and professional manner
- Manages phone system by answering and directing calls to the appropriate staff member and ensuring the main voicemail line is checked promptly
- Managing phone system software including updates, changes to staff names, and companywide greetings
- Keeps a clean and organized front desk and reception area including the conference room and front kitchen
- Able to explain all APF programs and answer general questions about the Foundation
- Assists heavily in maintaining a secure and safe workplace by enforcing security procedures and consistent monitoring of entrance area
- Acts as the main liaison between APF and building management serving as the emergency procedure warden – ensuring that standard fire drill, etc. protocols are maintained and executed
- Supervisors office vendors providing services - includes scheduling vendors, monitoring work order performance and tracking outstanding tickets
- Receives and sorts mail daily, including signing for shipments and courier management
- Manage office supply process including ordering, inventorying, managing the company supply budget, and acting as the main point of contact for supply vendors (knowledgeable of agency administrative contracts)
- Responsible for managing office-wide conference room calendar ensuring staff have supplies needed for scheduled activities (catering as needed, clean and functional workspace presented)
- Develop and maintain an effective documentation filing system (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Manages parking validations and access badge inventory, working proactively to ensure both are on hand when needed
- Supports continuity and consistency in service from the front desk by documenting, creating, and keeping any relevant policies/procedures/manuals stored at the front desk up to date
- General administrative duties as needed
- Provide a variety of administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner for our executive leadership team.
- Handling executives' requests and queries appropriately
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive's behalf
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary
- Managing the executive's day-to-day calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Coordinating travel arrangements (both domestic and international) and create trip itineraries
ACCOUNTING & OPERATIONS
- As a part of the accounting process, manages daily mail intake by coding and logging donor contributions
- Works with Operations Manager to ensure monthly reconciliation of check and mail logs
- Responsible for managing credit card reconciliation process which includes collecting and reviewing staff receipt folders
- Manages office copier including staff copier training, maintaining copier supplies, and managing relationship with copier vendor
DEVELOPMENT & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- Assists with logistics and planning for quarterly Board meetings and Board orientations
- Manages board performance scorecard and board roster
- Responsible for entering board information into the donor database
- Work with Development team to maintain accurate Board records
- Interfaces with APD officers to track officer payments and payouts
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources management, information management, or other related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in a front-office role, executive assistant role, or similar customer-focused position
- Proficient PC skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle a busy and thriving office
- High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously to make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly organized with the ability to organize systems and establish procedures.
- A solutions-focused individual who is always looking for opportunities to improve the organization and is proactive in solving problems.
- Takes initiative with incredible attention to detail and is schedule-oriented and calendar-driven
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate tasks involving sensitive information
- Cash handling experience and data entry
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment
- Experience as an Executive Assistant
- Background working with QuickBooks
- Background working with DonorPerfect or another fundraising database
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; No phone calls, please.