Development Associate - Temporary Contract
- Experience Level
National Center for Civil and Human Rights is currently seeking a Development Associate to support NCCHR’s relationship building and fundraising efforts and assist in the expansion of our donor network. This includes coordinating events, project management, researching and identifying funding opportunities, adhering to a grant application submission calendar, and meeting all deadlines as required. This is an estimated 3-4 month, full-time temporary assignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the development team and agency departments to produce effective proposals.
- Must be able to write persuasively to inspire partnerships.
- Work with colleagues and vendors to produce relevant and successful fundraising events.
- Research grant opportunities to support programs and operations.
- Assist in preparation of grant proposals and appropriate / required documentation.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all grant and report submissions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in event planning, project management, research and fundraising.
- Excellent relationship building and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Constituent Relationship Management database experience required. Working knowledge of Blackbaud Altru database a plus.
- A genuine commitment to the mission, values and work of the National Center for Civil and Human Rights is required.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.