Grants and Donor Relations Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Reports To: Senior Director of Major Gifts and Individual Giving
Posting Date: January 13, 2021
About Make-A-Wish® Georgia:
Since 1995, Make-A-Wish Georgia has been creating life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Since then, nearly 8,000 lives have been impacted by the “Power of a Wish™.” Make-A-Wish Georgia is a movement, powered by you, to renew families and communities disrupted by serious childhood illness. We all have the power to make wishes comes true. To learn how you can become a part of the story, visit https://wish.org/georgia.
Overview of Position:
As part of the Development team, the Grants and Donor Relations Coordinator will assist the Senior Director of Major Gifts and Individual Giving in driving fundraising for Make-A-Wish Georgia. The Grants and Donor Relations Coordinator will assist with departmental projects and initiatives such as grant proposal/report writing and donor cultivation. The coordinator will manage an existing constituent Portfolio (average size 150 donors) with a focus on annual and mid-level fund donors, as well as identifying new donor prospects. This management will include donors meetings, events, and other opportunities for donor engagement. Ideal position for an entry level candidate interested in a career in non-profit management, including fundraising, donor stewardship, grant writing, marketing, administrative support and other non-profit management duties.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Major Gifts and Individual Giving and provides support to the VP of Development.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Grants & Grants Management
- Manage the grants process, tracking system and calendar
- Write and edit foundation grants and reports
- Research new funding opportunities; Identify lapsed and prospective funders
- Manage and maintain grant files to ensure all grant-related correspondence, guidelines, and requirements are submitted
- Draft donor correspondence, including stewardship content, as needed and manage the timely acknowledgement of all contributions.
- Compile letters, informational packets, and related materials in response to donor inquiries.
- Making strategic, direct and face-to-face solicitations of donors.
- Ensure effective and accurate communication/gift records with the Operations department and with donors
- Manage record-keeping on programmatic activities and achievements for use in reports to individual donors.
- Obtain activity reports from program staff, gather relevant statistics, and collect examples of work to inform donor correspondence.
- Work with marketing team to coordinate design of appeal mailings, marketing materials and donor stewardship communications.
- Support 3-5 smaller fundraising and cultivation events throughout the year
- Develop individual giving strategies to maintain engagement with a current and long-term portfolio of individual supporters including planned giving prospects, monthly donors and DAF donors.
- Research and identify prospective foundation funders, major donors, and corporate sponsors; follow fundraising-related news, research, trends, and best practices.
- Manage and maintain files on donor and event opportunities, including donor briefs, call sheets, strategy memos, and other relevant correspondence.
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Desire to learn about all aspects of non-profit fundraising and marketing
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems effectively
- Experience with Raisers Edge or other fundraising databases required
- Ideal for applicants with a degree in Business, English, Journalism, Nonprofit Management or another related field
Make-A-Wish® Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or office visits, please.