Volunteer & Program Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Volunteer & Program Coordinator
Global Village Project (GVP) exists to make this vision a reality for refugee young women with interrupted education. While our school serves students living in metro Atlanta, GA, we are in an exciting phase of expanding GVP’s impact and thought leadership nationally and globally.
In 2011, GVP launched an innovative high school preparatory program for refugee teenage girls to provide them with an equitable and excellent education. The school’s mission is to develop a strong educational foundation for each student within a caring community, using a strengths-based approach and intensive instruction in English language, literacy, academic subjects and the arts. Located in Decatur, Georgia, the school’s full day educational program serves up to 50 students, ages 11 – 18. Students pay no tuition, and technology, transportation, lunch, and all learning trips are provided at no cost to families. With more than 60% of Georgia’s English learners dropping out of school, we are proud to see that 96% of GVP alumnae who complete the three-year program are successfully moving through high school and college.
The Volunteer & Program Coordinator for Global Village Project will be a critical partner in building deep community care and support at our school. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must be passionate about and capable of engaging a diverse community and helping to create an inclusive and supportive environment. Working as a member of the Administrative Leadership & Support Team, he/she will ensure the highest levels of coordination, organization, and communication for the growing Volunteer Program so that GVP consistently achieves its goals and mission. Strong attention to detail, exceptional time management and prioritization skills, and excellent technological skills are foundational tools to your success, but we’re also seeking someone who is energized by the idea of being a central hub for volunteers, visitors, and partners.
The Volunteer & Program Coordinator will also act as a hub of information and activity for the different departments of the organization. Report directly to the CEO and Head of School, he/she will work in close partnership with our Volunteer Liaison to provide service and coordination to GVP’s volunteers . This role will also perform a variety of administrative and program support functions to expand the capacity of the Administrative Leadership & Support Team, including the Head of School. Given the very integrated nature of this position in our team, the person who excels in it will be highly collaborative, communicative, and cooperative.
- Recruit volunteers and administer the volunteer onboarding process, including processing volunteer applications and background checks
- Coordinate with the Education Team to identify and fill needed volunteer positions and coordinate volunteer trainings
- Work closely with the Volunteer Liaison to provide excellent service and support to active and prospective volunteers
- Support the creation and execution of strategies to steward volunteers and donors
- Maintain contact and communication with all volunteers and ensure all volunteer program data and documentation are complete and maintained in our CRM database
- Create clear, consistent and regular volunteer communications
- Support community engagement activities such as the Welcome Walk and Authors’ Teas
- Help schedule and engage educational and corporate partners, interns, guest artists, and visiting teachers
- Support data entry and management, reports, and record keeping in Salesforce CRM and other data tools for the volunteer, fundraising, and educational programs
- Model the GVP Core Values of respect, responsibility, kindness, appreciation, and lifelong learning and maintain a commitment to the guiding principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Provide administrative support to the CEO and Head of School including generating and providing reports
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent experience, plus 3-5 years of professional experience that aligns with the essential duties of the position
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage changing priorities while meeting deadlines and maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an emphasis on interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative organization
- Excellent community relations skills; resourceful, positive, and able to work well with a variety of personalities while remaining supportive and helpful
- Personal commitment to collaboration that prioritizes and incorporates diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Self-motivated and proactive commitment to learning and growth, both as an individual and as a staff team member
- Willingness to embrace an organizational culture that values transparency, open and constructive communication, and collaboration
You’ll be expected to use:
- Salesforce CRM
- Google Suite products (Gmail, Google Cal, Google Drive)
- Google Chat and Flow Project Management
- Microsoft Office products
Job Type: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Salary is $30,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience. Health insurance benefits are offered to full-time employees. GVP provides the opportunity to work within a vibrant community dedicated to teaching and learning, research, and social justice, responsibility, and service. We are located in downtown Decatur, across the street from the Decatur MARTA station. The position requires a criminal background check.
GVP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, social class, marital status, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We especially encourage applications from self-identified women and people of color and those with refugee and immigrant backgrounds who are excited about contributing to our mission.
Interested and qualified candidates should visit the Global Village Project website at www.globalvillageproject.org for more information. Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Volunteer & Program Administrator c/o Denise Reidy-Puckett, P.O. Box 1548, Decatur, GA 30031 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer & Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and continue until the position is filled.