Nurse Liaison - Foster Care (Statewide)
- Experience Level
Assists in the admission process of Medically Fragile Foster Care referrals within the acute care facility. Provides a written assessment of the child’s needs for in-home services. Coordinates initial placement by thoroughly evaluating needs and providing ongoing and follow-up healthcare education. Serves as a liaison for Inspiritus to bridge the gap between staff, physicians, referral resources, foster parents, and other organizations. Collaborates regularly with Foster Care Supervisor and Director of Children and Family Services in sales and marketing initiatives within territory. This position is services Georgia (statewide) and is up to 50% travel.
- Build relationships with hospitals, discharge planners, and other potential referral sources.
- Participate in developing and implementing strategic marketing plans that promote census growth, community recognition, and increase referrals.
- Track referral trends, monitor, development, and identify key target marketing opportunities.
- Plan and organize marketing events, host luncheons, and informationals.
- Oversee initial placement by attending scheduled orientation/training of foster parents in the hospital setting.
- Be present during admission of child or youth, in the home, to help caregiver setup and adjust to new placement.
- Attend monthly meetings and address successes, competitor information and future opportunities for growth.
- Displays independence in working with foster families in various settings (i.e., in home, hospital based, and community based).
- Acts as an advocate for the individuals receiving services, the caregivers, and organization.
- Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Up to 50% travel.
Non-Essential Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business and program needs.
- Active and unrestricted registered nurse license in Georgia.
- Must be located in the Atlanta Metro Area.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pediatrics.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience acting as a liaison (or similar role) in the acute care setting.
- Strong, effective communication skills, and responsiveness to accounts.
- Ability to build personal relationships in a short period of time.
- Effective leadership, analytical, inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Licensed driver with an insured vehicle and reliable transportation.
- Utmost compassion and integrity for quality care of foster children.
- Experience dealing with social issues impacting consumers and the community.
- Ability and desire to work within a team and independently.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Ability to take initiative and coordinate logistics.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills and make appropriate, difficult decisions.
- Ability to forge mutually respectful partnerships with persons served and their families.
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends as needed to meet client/agency needs.
- Must be computer literate. Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to work full-time hours 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- Or possess a combination of education, experience and competencies that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to react quickly to requests for services.
- Flexibility to adhere to a wide range of tasks where the ability to multi-task is essential.