- Experience Level
Established in 2006, the Center for Youth Ministry Training continues to invest in youth by equipping youth ministers, and communities of faith, to develop innovative, effective, and theologically informed ministries so youth may experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ. CYMT partners with Austin Seminary to provide the largest graduate program in youth ministry in the country. Our Innovation Lab and Theology Together Initiatives are proactively engaging ministries and youth in life-changing theological practices to meet the needs of youth today.
CYMT believes the church and our organization are most representative of Christ when people of all contexts and perspectives have a voice at our table. That’s why we’re actively and intentionally prioritizing diversity of all forms among our staff, residents and ministry partners. We are still learning and growing, but if you share our passion and love for young people, we have a seat for you at CYMT.
We are actively seeking a Development Director who can lead CYMT’s efforts to expand our capacity for ministry. CYMT’s national office is located in Nashville, Tennessee. Our desire is for the Development Director to live in the Southeast or Texas regions that we serve.
Objective: The Development Director is responsible for creating and implementing the development strategies for CYMT. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Development Director's primary responsibility is to generate greater and more sustainable revenue for CYMT by expanding CYMT’s support. This position will work closely with the National Board and Area Advocacy Teams.
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy that enhances CYMT’s relationship with donors and investors while engaging them in our mission
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential donors
- Recruit, train, and activate Advocacy Team members in Nashville, Memphis, and Austin
- Work with the Board and Executive Director to develop new Advocacy Teams in Houston, Dallas, and other areas
- Lead and manage the CYMT’s overall short and long-range development efforts to reach our development goals
- Manage CYMT donor database, records, and acknowledgements
- Supervise development of public affairs matters such as annual report, donor communications, and website donor interface
- Develop and manage CYMT’s Board fundraising capacity
- Train and lead other staff and the board in fundraising and marketing efforts
- Research grant sources and write grant proposals and reports to foundations
- Oversee the CYMT development budget
- 5+ years of development experience in a service industry or with a non-profit
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Strong verbal and written persuasive communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors
- Knowledge of donor management programs (CYMT uses Bloomerang)
- Familiarity with mainline churches and a passion for youth ministry