Communications Manager (part-time)
- Experience Level
Mosaic Georgia is a Children's Advocacy Center (CAC) and Sexual Assault Center serving Gwinnett and Rockdale counties. Our mission is to take action and guide change for the safety, health, and justice of children and adults impacted by sexual violence and abuse. We offer a mosaic of services and coordinate with several agencies and organizations to help people put the pieces of their lives back together with dignity and discretion.
Client services include 24/7 crisis line, forensic medical exams, forensic interviews, advocacy services, civil legal services, and counseling support in one private location.
The Communications Manager develops and executes short and long-term communications and marketing strategies for various program initiatives to elevate Mosaic Georgia and its leadership on a range of sexual violence issues.
The Communications Manager is responsible for coordinating and executing marketing, outreach, and media strategies to generate earned media coverage and increase community understanding of our mission and services. To ensure communications throughout our programs and services are consistent with Mosaic Georgia’s core brand and message, this role requires a healthy collaborative work environment across disciplines within the organization and with external organizations. Metrics are established to measure success of each strategy for continual improvement and refinement to achieve goals.
This is a part-time position and reports to the Executive Director and Managing Director. Works closely with the Development & Fundraising and Operations on projects.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Work closely with key staff to develop and execute year-round communications and marketing plans to keep supporters, partners and stakeholders informed and engaged.
- Oversee monthly calendar of communications across platforms: website, social media, email, text, and others.
- Coordinate with program directors to implement department-specific campaigns.
- Coordinate messaging with Mosaic Georgia staff who focus on outreach to college students, high school youth, educators, medical providers, legal, and BIPOC communities.
- Guest speakers: Coordinate scheduling for appropriate Mosaic Georgia personnel to speak at community and civic events.
- Volunteer placement: Connect appropriate opportunities for individuals or small groups who offer volunteer support; coordinate with operations and program managers.
- Conduct targeted media relations and outreach to generate uptake in earned news coverage of Mosaic Georgia experts/thought leadership as well as Mosaic Georgia leadership and action on key issues.
- Identify key events and moments to leverage messaging and content, ensuring activities are coordinated and organized closely together with relevant initiatives, and with Mosaic Georgia’s overall communications and marketing priorities and calendar.
- Identify and cultivate new strategic media/social media partnerships.
Board & Donor Engagement
- Ensure regular and meaningful communications with board members and donors to cultivate and maintain those relationships.
- Coordinate with Executive Director and Resource Development team.
- Distill complex information into a simple, clear message using examples, stories, and community information that are relevant and resonate with the donor, volunteer, and partner
- Contribute content for website, social media, marketing and fundraising materials
- Content curation through photography, videography, and research
- Story collection coordination: respectfully and ethically collect, develop and deploy client stories in a story sharing campaign focused on reducing shame and silence on sexual abuse and violence.
- Document all necessary permissions and waivers and maintain in an organized system.
- Incorporate individuals with stories into existing advocacy events such as community meetings, meetings with policymakers and conferences.
Special Events & Fundraisers
- Assist with event promotion, preparation and execution
- In-person solicitation and raising awareness
Required to work occasional evenings and weekends based on events and activities.
- Creative thinker and writes content clearly and concisely
- Effective and relatable presenter
- Strong writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice accordingly when documenting people’s stories
- Comfortable de-stigmatizing interpersonal violence and advocating for the safety, health, & justice for kids and adults who experienced sexual abuse/violence
- Enjoys a collaborative workplace with diversity in many forms
- 3+ years of work experience in journalism, communications, or public relations
- Proficiency in Office 360, photo editing and video software
- Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in SalesForce, Constant Contact, or similar platforms
- High interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and trust
- Videography and photography, or graphic design skills are a plus
- Experience managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with multiple partners
- Able to coordinate & manage multiple projects at the same time
- Able to work well independently and as a team member
- Comfortable working with different personalities and people
- Willing to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above
- Proficiency in language(s) in addition to English a plus
Mosaic Georgia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.