Director of Development
- Experience Level
Can you envision a world where all youth feel safe and supported to live and love authentically? Lost N Found Youth strives to end homelessness for all LGBTQIA+ youth by providing food, shelter and life stabilization services. (Learn more about us here).
We’re seeking a Development Director to create and implement successful fundraising activities and guide external relations. If this opportunity speaks to your heart as well as your expertise, join our team by applying for the exciting role of Development Director. The successful candidate for this transformative role will possess exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrate a proven track record of successful fundraising across multiple channels, and embrace the agility required to navigate the “new normal”.
You will work closely with the Program Director and Operations Director, report to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, and be based in the Atlanta metro area to facilitate donor engagement once COVID-19 restrictions allow. Support includes a FT volunteer/ development coordinator, a FT outreach coordinator and a PT database manager.
Please send your application to email@example.com by January 15th for earliest consideration. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will remain open until filled.
The Development Director is responsible for the strategy and execution of all fundraising activities to secure financial support from individuals, foundations, civic sources and corporations. Priorities for growth include leveraging LNFY’s robust base of individual donors to build a major gifts and planned giving program, expanding corporate engagement, and securing grants from both government and private sources.
STRATEGY & ADMIN
- Serve as a public representative of the organization, cultivating relationships in order to build awareness of and commitment to LNFY’s work.
- Develop strategy, establish benchmarks, implement tactics and monitor progress toward short- and long-term fundraising strategy and goals.
- Create and Execute an annual fundraising plan:
- Manage expense budgets for all fundraising efforts.
- Manage the implementation of eTapestry and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Research new prospects for all donor channels
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
INDIVIDUAL DONORS & MAJOR GIFTS
- Cultivate and steward relationships with donors and supporters, engaging on a continual and thoughtful basis to establish effective relationships with them. Utilize Moves Management program.
- Implement individual giving programs across various platforms including employee drives.
- Grow major gifts both for general operating and designated support. LNFY has some modest capital needs in the coming years.
- Build a planned giving program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Secure grants from private, public and corporate foundations and government sources.
- Expand the base of support through effective research, cultivation and stewardship.
- Develop and track grant proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Secure corporate partnerships and find creative ways for institutions to engage with LNFY.
- Participate in the planning, writing and reviewing of grants budgets.
- Manage other staff who have development responsibilities.
- Create communications to support fund raising activities.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Report to the Executive Committee of the Board, participate in Board of Directors meetings, staff Development Committee meetings.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors in development related projects especially cultivation of prospects, funder relations, and stewardship of major donors.
- Manage and track Board Members annual individualized commitments.
- Strategize, conceptualize and coordinate special events. Filter popup ideas and ensure effective deployment of board and volunteer resources.
- Oversee the annual Spring Gala which has averaged $100,000 net for the last 5 years.
- Manage events that are driven by Board and volunteer leadership, eg “Running from Home” (a virtual 5k)
- Engage with the dozens of third party fundraising events each year (e.g. social media birthday fundraisers) and move those donors onto the LNFY ladder of engagement.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Passion for the Mission of LNFY and our community
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrate success in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- 5 years minimum experience in successful professional fundraising across a range of channels. CFRE a bonus.
- Strong public speaking ability and the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and be able to engage authentically with diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other department leadership
- Be an organized and effective “self-starter” who is goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls and exhibits “follow through”.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Motivate staff, board members and other volunteers while working collaboratively towards common goals.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Ability to work late nights and weekends as required