Office Manager, Part-time
- Experience Level
BlazeSports America is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is the legacy organization of the 1996 Paralympic Games held in Atlanta, GA. Our mission is to change the lives of children and adults with physical disabilities through adaptive sport and recreation.
BlazeSports America, is the two-time recipient of the United States Olympic Committee’s “Rings of Gold” award for program development (youth and veteran adaptive sports). BlazeSports offers adaptive sport and recreation programs in Georgia, national training and education opportunities to build the capacity of adaptive sport and physical activity leaders and innovative sport for development programs in developing countries. Learn more about BlazeSports at www.blazesports.org.
Job description - Developing and maintaining office services, maintaining office records (design and maintain filing systems - electronic and paper); maintaining office efficiency, providing customer service and performing other administrative duties as required.
- Oversee administrative and maintenance of BlazeSports office and administrative policies and procedures.
- Provide reception support at front desk, greeting and welcoming guests.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director and other staff as needed
- Bookkeeping functions: prepare monthly credit card statements (coding and e-receipts), accounts payable support, accounts receivable (including batch reports and deposits), weekly bank deposits and maintain office petty cash.
- Maintain office records including maintain electronic shared folders/documents and select hard copy filing system.
- Liaise with corporate insurance policies including securing certificate of insurance requests.
- Assist in maintenance and update of the BlazeSports Database including updated staff, Board and participant contact information in NeonCRM, Excel and Constant Contact.
- Prepare correspondence (email and mail) as needed including donor thank you/tax receipts.
- Maintain master schedule of office hours and calendar of activities in accordance with the Executive Director.
- Prepare invoices through PayPal and BlazeSports database (NeonCRM).
- Serve as point of contact with IT Service Provider and other office maintenance vendors.
- Serve as initial point of contact for the general public and maintain the info@ email address.
- Oversee and ensure office equipment is properly maintained
- Maintain inventory levels of office supplies.
- Pick up, distribute and handle outgoing mail and shipments
- Schedule and coordinate travel, transportation, flight itinerary and hospitality for BlazeSports staff, Board and guests as needed.
- Ensure office cleanliness and organization. Coordinate with cleaning company.
- Serve as administrative support for all meetings, special events and projects as needed.
- Assist with other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, management or related field with at least 2 years of office management experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with stellar organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft-based word processing, database and spreadsheet applications including Excel, Access, and Power Point. Experience with online bill paying and payroll systems a plus.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, team oriented and able to relate well to a wide variety of colleagues
- Please do not apply to this job if you are not open to part-time employment, 15-20 hours a week. This is not currently a full time job.