Director of Practice Management
- Position Type
- Full Time
Jewish Family & Career Services “JF&CS” is a Georgia non-profit organization with a roughly 13 million dollar budget. The agency makes hope and opportunity happen by providing integrated programs and services that maximize self-sufficiency and quality of life. The JF&CS Foundation holds the agency’s endowment and restricted fund assets. JF&CS is now seeking a Director of Practice Management.
The Director of Practice Management (DPM) will lead and oversee achieving optimal operational efficiency and quality clinical services. In partnership with the Director of Clinical services, the DPM will provide leadership in financial management, operations, staffing, hiring, patient satisfaction, safety, and compliance for Clinical Services. The DPM will work collaboratively with the Clinical Director to provide direction and ensure consistent, measurable goal setting and achievement. This will include establishing best practices for cost effective revenue management processes. In addition, the DPM will provide guidance on aligning these goals with annual and strategic plans in ways that ensure safe, effective, and high-quality service delivery. Lastly, the DPM, in partnership with the Chief Impact Officer, and the Director of Clinical Services, will serve as lead staff in launching the new Child and Family Center.
- Oversee and ensure the optimal functioning of key systems vital to clinic operations, including: efficient systems for registration and scheduling of clients, management of client and operational flow, finances including billing and collections, optimal use of electronic health records (EHR) system, and insurance panel management.
- Manage client billing and utilization management to maximize collections including overseeing becoming a Medicaid provider, ensuring establishing and maintaining appropriate insurance credentialing, tracking and managing fee subsidies, reviewing productivity reports with the Director of Clinical Services and Chief Impact Officer, and designing strategies for increasing revenues.
- Lead and facilitate ongoing key process improvements and quality assurance testing and evaluation to ensure high quality client experience and CARF and other standards compliance.
- Together with Director of Clinical Services:
- Participate in staff hiring process and onboarding
- Review client records to ensure proper utilization of treatment resources, proper case documentation, and other CARF mandated activities,
- Create annual budget plan and do monthly budget reviews with the Finance team adjusting as needed to meet or exceed budget projections.
- Ensure that services and staff are being managed in compliance with HIPAA and patient confidentiality standards
- Complete grant requests and reports as needed
- Work closely with clinical leadership and managers to ensure that business practices are structured in a way that support the success of the clinical practice and programs
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of all operations
- Optimize use of office space and technology while managing and decreasing “no show” rate to maximize number of clients seen.
- Work with marketing to ensure we reach the agency’s target market and drive/increase business to Clinical Services.
- Work with Director of Clinical Services and Chief Administrative Officer to design new Child and Family Center for optimal patient flow and experience including:
- Working with architect on design and renovation of space to optimize service delivery and client comfort
- Help create workflow and system for maximizing space usage
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven experience working in a managerial position in a clinical or medical setting
- Strong understanding of clinical administration, business development and management
- Ability to use and comfort with analyzing data for decision making and planning.
- Familiar with administrative software for clinical systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service with a client focus
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management or comparable required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years working in a healthcare, clinical or similar environment.
- Management experience required.
How to Apply?
- To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=JFCSA&cws=1