Volunteer Mentor Program Coordinator & Team
- Degree Level
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies ("RBB") mission is to educate and empower girls ages 4-21 by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their own potential to be confident, self-sufficient, unique, determined, and powerful in their lives as well as in their communities, while encouraging sisterhood. We are committed to inspiring and challenging girls to pursue academic excellence, leadership, and personal growth and development, while defining a vision for how they will make positive contributions to their future endeavors and communities
Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies Mentor Program matches women with girls in one-to-one relationships throughout the year. Through these relationships, as well as recreational and group activities, our matches share friendship, support, and fun. Mentors and mentees get together at least once a week (via Zoom, phone, etc) or total of 10 hours a month. Both mentors and mentees make a commitment to spend time together throughout the year. They can participate in activities they both enjoy.
- Supervise mentor/mentee pairs to ensure frequency and effectiveness of contact
- Coordinate mentor contact reports
- Act as liaison/point of contact for parents
- Assist in designing, scheduling, and implementing mentor training
- Screen potential mentors
- Provide resource material to mentors and families
- Experience working with youth.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to write clearly.
- Knowledge of family and community resources.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Skilled in program management.
What’s in It for You as Our Volunteer:
- You’ll make an impact to help empower others.
- Build your resume and LinkedIn portfolio with unique startup experience and ability to build a non-profit company.
- Remote work and flexible work schedules.
- Get experience in your area of interest.
- Advancing your career by improving job prospects.
- Fulfill college or university internship or volunteer requirements.
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions toward the development of a non-profit company.
- Providing strategic forecasting to ensure the growth of a start-up.
- Letter of recommendations after 90 days of commitment.
- Increase your network within the community and with business connections.
- PLUS have fun learning- there is so much opportunity!
Remote and flexible schedule, including 2-4 hours per week.