Marketing and Community Building Lead
- Position Type
- Contract / Freelance
Morphic is a new application that provides quick, easy access to settings that help make your computer easier to use – based on your own unique needs. Morphic is a project of Raising the Floor, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping ensure that everyone has access to information and communication technologies, including those who face barriers due to disability, literacy, digital literacy or aging. https://morphic.org/about-us/
As the Marketing and Community Building Lead, you will be responsible for developing marketing strategy and materials for Morphic. Your work will include building relationships with organizations that serve elders and people with disabilities as well as those who have other barriers to using digital technologies, and developing strategies and networks that promote Morphic to diverse audiences.
This position reports directly to the Product Owner based in College Park, Maryland. However, the Morphic team is geographically distributed and many work remotely so location is not a barrier.
As part of the Morphic team you will:
- Work with a dynamic team to help Morphic grow
- Define and execute an outreach/marketing strategy and roadmap
- Build a robust community around the Morphic product
- Analyze, track & report results of marketing and community building efforts
- Create product-related materials and content
- Develop a network of contacts for Morphic outreach
- Grow usage of Morphic
- Lend support for webinars, conferences, special events and other online and in-person activities
- Research and engage with social networks to help better understand needs of potential users in order to convert them to customers
- Help build a library of stories showing situations and needs that Morphic addresses
- Participate as part of a team providing customer support
An ideal candidate for this position will have a proven track record of success in marketing and community building. While no candidate will possess every desired quality, the successful candidate will possess many of the following qualifications and personal attributes.
- Track-record of success: You have worked in the field of marketing and product community building for at least 5 years with a strong portfolio of work.
- Versatile experience in marketing and outreach: You have at least 3 year’s experience creating targeted campaigns, developing content and materials and applying brand identity.
- Inclusive: You connect with people from all kinds of backgrounds and work well with people with a wide range of abilities and have a good understanding of disability-related networks and organizations.
- Strong personal connections: You easily establish relationships with others through many modes of communication (phone, email, in-person, etc.)
- Excellent written communicator: You are a strong writer who excels at telling the story of a product and relaying its benefits to users and customers.
- Strong attention to detail: You pay close attention to detail and ensure that any work - big or small - is thorough and accurate.
- Ownership and drive: You care deeply about getting results and you do what it takes to get them, including anticipating problems, offering creative solutions, driving work forward, and course-correcting when needed.
- Solutions-oriented: You proactively develop solutions to challenges and push to get past roadblocks.
- Flexible and adaptable: You are comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively and are at home working either remotely or in-person.
- Social media savvy: You are experienced with social platforms and tools.
Our mission with Morphic is to help make personal computers easier to use. We believe that everyone, including those with disabilities as well as those who simply find today’s technology too confusing or difficult, should be able to access the many benefits computers have to offer.
Computers provide many with a connection to friends and family, a way to work from home or attend classes, and can be a critical way to access basic necessities and healthcare benefits that are not available to those who cannot understand or use computers. Our mission has taken on new meaning with the coronavirus and the role that computers have taken on in allowing people to stay connected to those around them during this difficult and unprecedented time. Making computers easier so that all people are able to use them, at least for essential tasks, is at the heart of our mission. We encourage you to explore the information and videos on https://morphic.org/
- Complete a short application form.
- Don't forget to email your resume and a cover letter to Jobs@morphic.org with the subject line “Marketing and Community Building Lead - Resume and Cover Letter.”
- Based on your application materials, we will select applicants for remote interviews.
- Raising the Floor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage people of all races, colors, religions, national origins, sexual orientations, genders, sexes, ages, abilities, branches of military service, and political party affiliations to apply.
You may also be interested in the other position to lead our consumer interactions: Voice of the Customer - User Experience Lead - Morphic.org