Payroll and Benefits Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
Are you a Payroll and Benefit professional looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity? Are you interested in sharing your professional expertise while working to end hunger?
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 220 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to cover over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Payroll and Benefits Manager to join our team. If interested, please see below job description and apply today.
To effectively manage and process payroll and benefits for SFMFB staff. Responsible for overall management of the Paycom HRIS and all employee data and files.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Manage and process timely and compliant semi-monthly payroll.
- Ensure payroll process follows established checks and balance protocols and authorizations.
- Manages and maintains Personnel Action Forms (PAFs)
- Determine any required off-cycle payrolls and process effectively.
- Responsible for post payroll processing including garnishments, child support payments, 403 b loan and contribution payments and all required paryroll reports.
- Responsible for facilitating employment verifications.
- Responsible for verifying accurate timekeeping, maintaining accurate information and updating schedules as needed.
- Generates and submits statutory external and internal payroll related reports, as well as provides assistance with surveys requiring payroll and employee information.
- Manage employee benefit programs acting as point of contact for staff and all benefit vendors, including medical, dental, disability, flexible spending, transit, 403b and EAP vendors.
- Ensure benefit offerings and administration is compliant with local, federal and state laws as well as the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Responsible for orientating staff, new and existing, to benefit offerings by providing new hire orientations and managing annual Open Enrollment meetings and process.
- Manage benefit eligibility, enrollment and terminations through HRIS.
- Reconcile and pay all benefit bills in a timely manner.
- Facilitate required reporting to SF Health Care Security Ordinance
- Oversee COBRA communications and operations.
HRIS Management & Record Keeping
- Develop and manage HRIS processes to ensure effectiveness and ease.
- Ensure HRIS data is accurate.
- Maintain all employee documents on HRIS and hard copy employee files.
- Ensure the HRIS to Vendor integrations are effectively operating.
Other duties, as assigned
- Set a strong vision for the team, including clear priorities, objectives and measurable goals.
- Provide professional development support and mentor individuals toward greater professional achievement
- Set goals and requirements are met.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws, wage and hour regulations and HR best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll processing methods and tax requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of ERISA regulations.
- Knowledge of HRIS processes and capabilities.
- 5+ years of experience managing payroll and benefits for an organization with 200+ employees.
- Experience managing and administering HRIS processes and reporting.
- Experience managing Payroll and Benefits through PAYCOM.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain absolute discretion, professional integrity and confidentiality.
- Spanish language capabilities desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- PHR or Payroll certification desired
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Environment: Standard office
Finger dexterity: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 25 lbs. of force filing documents and binders.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform intermediate to advance math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing. Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.