Site Based Coordinator
- Degree Level
The Site Based coordinator is responsible for the intake, enrollment, and matching for all participants at the sites to which they are assigned. They are also responsible for the support and coordination of their matches and their respective curriculum and activity adherence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Share responsibility of orienting potential corporate and collegiate volunteers with the Site Based Program Manager
- Working with the school/site liaison to recruit students to participate in the program.
- Responsible for processing applications, including reference and background checks.
- Schedule, conduct and document enrollment of children and volunteers, including orientations, interviews, trainings, and completion of any other enrollment processes.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make timely recommendations for participation in the program based on this information.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings in accordance with volunteer and child/school schedules.
- Attend site visits for the assigned partnerships that you are coordinating, including the coordination of curriculum, transportation, meals, and corporation-to-school communication.
- Facilitate implementation of the curriculum including, coordinating guest speakers and activities as they pertain to the curriculum for the day.
- Foster positive relationships with the school/site liaison as to promote two way communication between the schools and BBBS.
- Contact parents, children, and volunteers in accordance with BBBS’ standards to support the match relationship. Provide coaching, resources, and information for each match participant as needed.
- Identify matched that are at risk of closing, intervene effectively, and discuss further with the supervisor.
- Providing child safety education; Assessing and referring families for alternative or additional services as needed; Applying learned child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
- Ensure smooth transition among functions and follows process through to next point of contact. Keep manager updated on each site’s progress.
- Know and keep track of pertinent school closures, test dates, and scheduling needs for each site for which they are assigned, and further, communicate that information amongst all parties in the match (parent, Big, Little)
- Track program participation, conduct surveys and evaluations using Salesforce
Education and Work Experience Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, education or related field plus commiserate experience required. Experience working in a non-profit preferred.
- Experience in volunteer management preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Preferred working knowledge of and use of a case management software (preferably Salesforce)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and telephone.
- Ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction
- Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating
- Ability to relate well in multicultural environments.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other program staff.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage a large case load with attention to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and use time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to focus on details, collect meaningful data, and draw solid conclusions.
- Bilingual positions require incumbents to write and speak Spanish fluently.
Behavior and Competencies
- Is receptive to direction, feedback and guidance; in a word, coachable
- Shares own needs, wants, and perspectives in a positive way.
- Appreciates and values individual differences.
- Shows engaged and active listening so that others feel heard and understood.
- Seeks collaboration by encouraging others’ ideas and input.
- Takes initiative to find out what’s expected and receive feedback.
- Uses personal mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Flexible problem-solver and adapts approach to be most effective.
- Follows, and encourages others to follow policies, procedures, and behavior norms.
- Follows through with goals and commitments.
- Maintains healthy boundaries, and does not participate in negative talk.
- Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. This position is located in our Atlanta office, though requires frequent local travel.
- *Following COVID-19 precautions all staff are currently working from home until further notice.